Arrogant and discourteous foreigners sent home

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've seen a few complaints about my local immigration office also but to me and others I know they've always been helpful and respectful. My money is on the fact that so few have been blacklisted that they deserved it. 

I have nothing but good things to say about Dumaguete BI.In fact a few times they have gone out of their way to help.The visa process here is very easy,in a lot of respects,so just be polite and get through it.I did witness several Filipinas in Bangkok airport who were getting a little heated in their behaviour I did tell them if you don`t show respect maybe they will tel you to go home.It is not just foreigners the locals can be rude as well but hide behind their office.As I said before 2 wrongs don`t make a right.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have nothing but good things to say about Dumaguete BI

I can agree that no-one in there has ever been rude to me or to anyone else in the office during any of my visits.  Beyond that I can say many good things and Momma taught me if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all :lipssealed_80_anim_gif: So I have nothing bad to say about them. 

• Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have read the BOI memo but doesn't list which foreigners are blacklisted.  Any one has the scoop on the demographics on which group of visitors are prone to be a$$holes upon arrival?  

I suspect most are Asians like the Chinese, Koreans and the Japanese.  Just saying........

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I have noticed during my life, mostly the working part, that about 1 in 10 of my co workers were just plain down right jerks.  And that is being nice.  I then noticed that translated to the general population as well.  Maybe not the exact percent but close.  So, of those,(Jerks in society), what percent become travelers to other countries,(Philippines in this case).  I think it's agreed most of us would not want to be around them here with their attitudes.  So let them go being careful the door does not strike their backside.

• Like 5

bows00
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They'll just go be rude somewhere else.

That will be fine by me - as long as it's not here in the Philippines.

• Like 3