Singapore air lines

RBM
Posted
Posted

Thought this worth a mentionew. 

Today decided just Pat the extra and fly Singapore Airlines as quality and convenience as good as it gets. Spent a few minutes getting prices, first one being return to NZ came in at US 1286, next by just changing one segment by couple days came in at 1146, did same again and was 1040, big surprise.

The only difference I as a novice could see was $50 higher to change dates plus 30 kg luggage  instead of 35. Also something about zone which I could not understand.

Amazing what a little patience can save us.

• Like 4

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Therein lies one of my many weaknesses. The older I get the less I have. I prefer to pay a good travel agent to do my bidding.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I've always flown with Singapore airlines and have no complaints. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jeff R Us said:

Therein lies one of my many weaknesses. The older I get the less I have. I prefer to pay a good travel agent to do my bidding.

Its really easy, I am the total computer dummy how ever many (not all) airline web sites are basic and simple. Especially Singapore air lines. Last time I flew flat bed Air Asia how ever economy Singapore is my first preference by far. 

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Singapore Airlines is one of my favorite airlines. Try a site like skyscanner to see if you can improve on the price. 

https://www.skyscanner.com.ph/transport/flights/mnl/nz/180606/180620?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=home

Edited by Happyhorn52

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Thought this worth a mentionew. 

Today decided just Pat the extra and fly Singapore Airlines as quality and convenience as good as it gets. Spent a few minutes getting prices, first one being return to NZ came in at US 1286, next by just changing one segment by couple days came in at 1146, did same again and was 1040, big surprise.

The only difference I as a novice could see was $50 higher to change dates plus 30 kg luggage  instead of 35. Also something about zone which I could not understand.

You didn't want to try PAL via Manila again? :89: :smile:

Actually I would give the PAL MNL-AKL flight some consideration for our next trip with the kids because they upgraded to an airbus 340-300 non-stop, 9 hours 40 minutes.  That makes a big difference with kids even if the service is not so good.

I think your are leaving from Cebu?  So SQ is probably the best option.  We flew SQ MNL/SIN/AKL last time and it was a bit rough with the kids.

Did you look at Air New Zealand?  I think they added a MNL-AKL non-stop, right?

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Singapore Airlines is one of my favorite airlines

I hear that a lot and hope one day I can fly with them. Unfortunately, they don't fly to the US from Manila or Cebu. My favorite to the States is Cathay Pacific. Hong Kong is an easy connection as well.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jeff R Us said:

Unfortunately, they don't fly to the US from Manila or Cebu. My favorite to the States is Cathay Pacific. Hong Kong is an easy connection as well.

I have flown Cebu to Hong Kong on a local hop and caught up with Singapore Airlines there.  Sometimes they have good specials from Hong Kong to San Francisco.  However, I think they are the ones who confiscated my water bottle at the boarding gate in Hong Kong. :SugarwareZ-034: :cryingwhilelaughing_anim: (If my memory isn't acting up).

When I look at their site I see they have specials on now for about 34K peso round trip from Hong Kong to San Francisco.  That part of the trip is nice.  But admittedly you have to get to Hong Kong and then go from San Fran to your destination and it ends up as a bit of a dog's breakfast combination of connections.

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You didn't want to try PAL via Manila again? :89: :smile:

Actually I would give the PAL MNL-AKL flight some consideration for our next trip with the kids because they upgraded to an airbus 340-300 non-stop, 9 hours 40 minutes.  That makes a big difference with kids even if the service is not so good.

I think your are leaving from Cebu?  So SQ is probably the best option.  We flew SQ MNL/SIN/AKL last time and it was a bit rough with the kids.

Did you look at Air New Zealand?  I think they added a MNL-AKL non-stop, right?

Yes in my case Cebu as departure  and Christchurch as destination so best choice, just the sprint at Singapore as one has 45 minutes only to change terminals and board.

Over all was not impressed with PAL, different league to Singapore Airlines.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What a pity Royal Brunei Airlines don't fly here ( or do they?) I have only flown twice with them But............ what an experience:smile: