Best domestic beer Philippines

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was given a bottle of craft beer by my neighbour at Christmas it sells for 120 a bottle and tasted that bad I threw it out.That beer was brewed in Dumaguete.

• Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

There is a place in the IT park Cebu selling g a large range of craft beers, extremely expensive, belive they are brewed in Baguio.

I doubt if they will still be there in 6 months. Very few customers these days and expensive by mosts peoples standards. Funny thing is I have never seen a delivery of beer since they opened?

baguio-craft-brewery.jpg IMG_20170722_183725.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I doubt if they will still be there in 6 months. Very few customers these days and expensive by mosts peoples standards. Funny thing is I have never seen a delivery of beer since they opened?

baguio-craft-brewery.jpg IMG_20170722_183725.jpg

I could just see myself stumbling down those stairs at night.

Hope it makes it. Will look for that place later this year.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Hope it makes it. Will look for that place later this year.

Right next to where we had drinks last time you were here. :7500:

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well sounds like we have a starting place. :cheers:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I doubt if they will still be there in 6 months

I would not be surprised if their electric bill for lighting put them out of business. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I would not be surprised if their electric bill for lighting put them out of business. 

I can see from my condo as they are across the road. They have an outside back area which hardly has any customers except maybe for a Friday night. Never seen anyone on the top section. From the Hawaiian resturaunt across the path from them I can see the front and often no one there. They sell food but I doubt if they sell anything much at all. They open at 5pm and close by 1am so little time to make a profit. The main thing I hear is the price of a glass of beer. If they sold san mig then I think more would go there but Baguio craft beer is a franchise so maybe they have to stick with a set menu but having said that I dont know if this branch is franchised or company owned. The site has great potential but just not the right concept for the IT park as even call center workers complain about the price and not long after it opened and people tried it then there was soon a decline in customers. 

Over at The Pyramid, they only sell craft beer but I hear you can get San Mig at day time but not at night, go figure.

The Pyramid

82a7a4d4-49b0-4ac1-805b-5b510b7ab65a.jpg Pyramid.jpg

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Funny thing is I have never seen a delivery of beer since they opened?

They should have their own brewing equipment?  They do in Baguio and they did in the Subic location.

I have never been to one but the original one in Baguio was busy, according to my BIL.  It is on Marcos Hwy outside the center of town.

They opened a branch at Harbor Point Mall here in Subic and it was open less than a year.  I never made it in and I guess not many others did either.

The food looks good in the pictures....

http://baguiocraftbrewery.com/

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I can see from my condo as they are across the road. They have an outside back area which hardly has any customers except maybe for a Friday night. Never seen anyone on the top section. From the Hawaiian resturaunt across the path from them I can see the front and often no one there. They sell food but I doubt if they sell anything much at all. They open at 5pm and close by 1am so little time to make a profit. The main thing I hear is the price of a glass of beer. If they sold san mig then I think more would go there but Baguio craft beer is a franchise so maybe they have to stick with a set menu but having said that I dont know if this branch is franchised or company owned. The site has great potential but just not the right concept for the IT park as even call center workers complain about the price and not long after it opened and people tried it then there was soon a decline in customers. 

Over at The Pyramid, they only sell craft beer but I hear you can get San Mig at day time but not at night, go figure.

The Pyramid

82a7a4d4-49b0-4ac1-805b-5b510b7ab65a.jpg Pyramid.jpg

I had a SM at the pyamid a couple of months ago, was around 8pm, remember as shocked by the price compared to most places. Almost as bad as a calamansi juice at the social club.....they really sock it in. Yet quite a few places in IT park where one can find reasonable prices.

The  Baguio craft beer from memory is P300 a glass, not a big glass. Some of them are indeed excellent so let's hope it stays open for a rare treat. Have not eaten how ever heard food is excellent.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

P300 a glass?! That's insane. There's a bar here in Davao that tried to go it on craft beer alone and was fortunate enough to expand into the space next to it, add food and add DJs and become a hot spot on the weekends.

But they succumbed to both financial reality and the reality that Filipinos usually won't pay for quality. They've added SanMig on tap and are now a bar that has craft beer, rather than a craft beer bar. 

- forgot to add that many of the local craft beers were under ₱200 per bottle and only some of the imports were 300 or more. 

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 1