Bank Fees For Direct Deposit of SS In Philippines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Abe said:

Metrobank were asking for the "Award Notice", what the hell is the "Award Notice" anyway, been searching all over and I can't even find a sample of this so called >award notice<, I emailed SSA at the American embassy, Manila, and I was asking about the Award Notice and here is the response:

"Unfortunately, we cannot use a regular bank account for your Social Security payments.

However, Direct deposit are available in the Philippines. To open an account, please go to your bank of choice, complete an SF-1199 which the bank will have, and present the enclosed endorsement letter. Once you have opened an account, you may send us a copy of the SF-1199 for us to update your records in advance."

This is the 2nd time she is not responding correctly to my request. Is there anyone knows what is that "Award Notice" is all about? I appreciate all the help I can get, thanks.

Frustrating, I understand.  I have given my experience and I guess I got lucky in that my bank manager, who I have known for a few years, thought outside the box enough to accept what we had.

I suspect that SS Philippines distributed something years ago that contains the term "aware notice", and the banks want you to give them a paper that says that at the top, even though it does not exist in current SS terminology.

Sorry I can't add more.  You can call SS Manila at certain hours.  Maybe try that.

Abe
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Frustrating, I understand.  I have given my experience and I guess I got lucky in that my bank manager, who I have known for a few years, thought outside the box enough to accept what we had.

I suspect that SS Philippines distributed something years ago that contains the term "aware notice", and the banks want you to give them a paper that says that at the top, even though it does not exist in current SS terminology.

Sorry I can't add more.  You can call SS Manila at certain hours.  Maybe try that.

Thanks,  I haven't been receiving any from the SSA except the adjustment about my overpayment a couple of weeks ago, and I was wondering if they are talking about the verification letter from the SSA website, I have that printed out and hoping that will help, bring it up tomorrow, 2nd time going back there, otherwise, I will try another bank.