ATM limit 10k per withdrawal?? Alternatives?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Do not let me stop you from having an account in a Philippines bank.

:89: I won't, I have had my PNB account for some 15 years and no problems, but Jim, you said you don't trust them and I asked why, that's all  :wink: I think it only fair after that statement that you could highlight Things for newbies, pitfalls to watch for. For me, Statements like that need to be supported by something to clarify :huh:

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: I won't, I have had my PNB account for some 15 years and no problems, but Jim, you said you don't trust them and I asked why, that's all  :wink: I think it only fair after that statement that you could highlight Things for newbies, pitfalls to watch for. For me, Statements like that need to be supported by something to clarify :huh:

I worked in a bank for 24 years. I have certain expectations on how banks should operate. Philippines banks don't meet my expectations. That is as far as I am prepared to bad mouth the Philippines

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

That is as far as I am prepared to bad mouth the Philippines

Now moving on.png as it seems Jim I am sorry to say, you are starting to sound like other negative people that come and go from the forum, in other Topics the same negativity comes up and so therefore I wonder, why you are here :89:

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now moving on.png as it seems Jim I am sorry to say, you are starting to sound like other negative people that come and go from the forum, in other Topics the same negativity comes up and so therefore I wonder, why you are here :89:

I don't need a bank account in the Philippines to live in the Philippines. And you will struggle to find a negative comment from me any where on any forum. Trip advisor, Loney planet or anywhere else. So your comment is way out of order!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jim Sibbick said:

So your comment is way out of order!

:89: Hmmmmmmmm now I have to do some research again but i will be back to talk to you when I get bored but I will leave you with this My friend;

communication to reply.jpg :thumbsup: now as I said I am  moving on.png

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, virginprune said:

I regularly draw 20k from a BPI ATM, using a BPI bankcard.

I have already explained that I was taking another posters word for that - the last time I withdrew from BPI I took 20K but that was a few months ago and things may have changed.  In any event,  the key point was the limit - be it 10k or 20k - is a daily amount rather than per transaction.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

I worked in a bank for 24 years. I have certain expectations on how banks should operate. Philippines banks don't meet my expectations. That is as far as I am prepared to bad mouth the Philippines

Without wishing to get involved in this discussion too much, I can say that customer service levels at the Banks are not great but that applies to every area here so it's a tad unfair to single out banks IMO.  All I can add is that everything I need a bank to do is available here i.e. take my money and give me it back when I need it. 

• 2 weeks later...
KurtVD
Posted
Posted
On 6/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, hk blues said:

I have already explained that I was taking another posters word for that - the last time I withdrew from BPI I took 20K but that was a few months ago and things may have changed.  In any event,  the key point was the limit - be it 10k or 20k - is a daily amount rather than per transaction.

I’m the OP, and I’m coming back here to add that, in the meantime, I have tried - and succeeded - to withdraw more than 10k per day, if I went to different ATMs, but each time the limit was 10k per withdrawal. BPI included. I did not try to make multiple successive withdrawals at the same ATM, because I wanted to avoid losing my card; I thought it might be better to wait some time between withdrawals and go to another ATM. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, KurtVD said:

I did not try to make multiple successive withdrawals at the same ATM, because I wanted to avoid losing my card; I thought it might be better to wait some time between withdrawals and go to another ATM. 

I have made 2 or 3 withdrawals with an Aussie card from the same machine without a problem.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, KurtVD said:

each time the limit was 10k per withdrawal.

When you find a machine that pays out the 10K ALL in 1K notes then next time try that machine to get 20K.  Many machines will pay out 500PHP notes or a combination of 1K and 500P notes.  Those will not pay out 20K in one transaction, in my experience.  Oftentimes I will see two machines (BDO I think) side by side.  One of them will pay out in 1K notes and I can take out 20K on a foreign card.  The other will only give 10K.  Your experience will vary.