ECC at Mactan Airport

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

Yes, I am on a tourist visa. I guess I have misunderstood the rules. Thanks for the clarification. I will check with my local BI office when I next renew my extension of stay.

Ken

No I meant the BI in different places might misunderstand the rules. Lets see if AlwaysRt is on a tourist visa. :thumbsup:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You might be right about not understanding the rules but the BI told me just 30 minutes ago that a ECC for tourist who have stayed beyond 6 months must obtain the ECC at an immigration office.

Are you and AlwaysRt on a tourist visa ? 

That is what BI in Dumaguete has been saying for the last 2 years - and was NOT correct. I was on a tourist visa and did my ECC on the way out of the country at 8 months and 11 months (December 2016 and February 2018) and personally know 2 others that have done it since then. Refer to my previous post where I describe exactly what desk to go to at the airport.

Over 6 months you need an ECC which can be obtained in minutes at the airport, if you are here over 12 months you need an ECC from a BI office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

That is what BI in Dumaguete has been saying for the last 2 years - and was NOT correct. I was on a tourist visa and did my ECC on the way out of the country at 8 months and 11 months (December 2016 and February 2018) and personally know 2 others that have done it since then. Refer to my previous post where I describe exactly what desk to go to at the airport.

Over 6 months you need an ECC which can be obtained in minutes at the airport, if you are here over 12 months you need an ECC from a BI office.

OK, Just like you say. One source says yes the other no such as ask the BI on their Facebook messenger and the answer is must get it from their office. Even when Huggybearman asked at Manila airport the answer was no so up to individuals what they want to do as this might not apply to all airports either. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No I meant the BI in different places might misunderstand the rules. Lets see if AlwaysRt is on a tourist visa. :thumbsup:

Ah, OK. That figures. I did think it was possible to get the ECC at the airport on a Tourist Visa providing my stay was less than 12 months, so my original understanding was correct. AlwaysRt seemed to have no problem twice now, but on the day it seems it could still be a problem. Of course it goes without saying that if I go into my local BI office and they advise I should get it at the airport on departure they almost certainly wouldn't give that to me in writing. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Ken

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

the BI told me just 30 minutes ago that a ECC for tourist who have stayed beyond 6 months must obtain the ECC at an immigration office.

Damn I wish they would make up their mind.  Didn't they tell you last year you could get it at the airport.  That's what they told me and I thought you posted the same.

I mean, when did they change this

Last year they told me it was still valid so I would just print it out and take it with me if i was going to get my ECC at the airport.  Well I would probably message them and ask AGAIN if it was still valid.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Damn I wish they would make up their mind.  Didn't they tell you last year you could get it at the airport.  That's what they told me and I thought you posted the same.

No, I just checked all my conversations with them and their previous answer was no if staying over 6 months. That was the answer in May last year. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No, I just checked all my conversations with them and their previous answer was no if staying over 6 months. That was the answer in May last year. 

Well I provided a link to their own memorandum so if you feel the urge, or if anyone does, write and ask if that memorandum is still in effect or if there is a new one.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well I provided a link to their own memorandum so if you feel the urge, or if anyone does, write and ask if that memorandum is still in effect or if there is a new one.

Wheres the link? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wheres the link? 

26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I mean, when did they change this

Right in that post.  Didn't it show up?  Ahh I see.  The picture IS the link.  Just click on it and it goes to the article on the  BI Facebook site.  Well it does for me anyway.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Right in that post.  Didn't it show up?  Ahh I see.  The picture IS the link.  Just click on it and it goes to the article on the  BI Facebook site.  Well it does for me anyway.

It didn't show when I first read the post but does now. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1