Scientists Warn the UN of Capitalism's Imminent Demise

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'll see if I can dig out the information but a few years ago there was talk of a production tax.  Basically they worked out how much tax a companies employees paid compared to goods produced.  They were then going to tax the company a similar amount if they replaced the workforce with robots.  It'll still be beneficial to have robots as they don't go sick after a weekend on the beer or to sort out other family issues.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

It'll still be beneficial to have robots as they don't go sick after a weekend on the beer or to sort out other family issues.

:hystery: No but the man/women that fixed them might :wink:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I suddenly had a vision of the workforce of the future

Homer.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So here we go again,  Nothing to do with the Topic, just another Freakin Political Mumbo jumbo from over the damn  Pond :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jack, I have to call you on that.  Why did that post bother you?  Calm down.  There were several posts on medicine which he was referring to.  And the opening topic on Capitalism is by nature EXTREMELY political

Mod's edit:  Side note on medicine deleted as there is a split topic for that.  Please re-post your opinions on that in the new topic.  Thank you for understanding :cheers:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

I had a feeling this would stir up a bit of controversy. It's good to be able to debate and discuss complex topics, though. So, what's your opinion on capitalism? Will it disappear eventually? Or, will it be around until the end of mankind? I, for one, don't think you'll ever be able to stamp out capitalism. I believe that too much of the world has had a taste already.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

I had a feeling this would stir up a bit of controversy. It's good to be able to debate and discuss complex topics, though. So, what's your opinion on capitalism? Will it disappear eventually? Or, will it be around until the end of mankind? I, for one, don't think you'll ever be able to stamp out capitalism. I believe that too much of the world has had a taste already.

It all depends on how you define capitalism. There are at least 9 different types of capitalism listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

My favorite and one I would hope the world can strive to achieve is a Free Market Economy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism#Free_market_economy

The other types of capitalism can disappear.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, Jack Peterson said:

What Capitalism Finished, can't be cos many still believe in this;

Capitalism.jpg :hystery:

WOW works well eh?  I thought it was because greed is good  

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

On the news today Whitbread have just sold Costa coffee outlets to Coca Cola for 3.9 billion

They purchased the company in 1995 for 19 million, yes 19 million!

Wow if only I'd of known in 1995, wait a minute...... I was working 70 hours a week to put a roof over my family's heads.

Capitalism is how the rich get richer and the poor pay for it

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

The Pay day loan company Wonga UK is now in administration, this is a Company that was charging 1500% to people who were either desperate or vulnerable and in a lot of cases could not repay their loans. Is this the ugly face of Capitalism  and it's demise?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

The Pay day loan company Wonga UK is now in administration, this is a Company that was charging 1500% to people who were either desperate or vulnerable and in a lot of cases could not repay their loans. Is this the ugly face of Capitalism  and it's demise?

I wonder who will take over all the loans that folk have still outstanding, now that will be interesting.