Internet check in

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone here used this check in to obtain boarding pass. Have been told if used and just carry on baggage  no more  lining up with countless others to receive boarding  pass at check in.

Sounds to good to be true......normally check in counter checks pass port, visa and issues boarding pass of which half is taken at boarding and half retained. 

So, does one as I have been informed wave fone with boarding pass and proceed directly  to xray and immigration to departure lounge.....Hard to believe but hope it's true.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Used it a lot, yep it works as advertised.   Some airlines have express bag check-in for those with internet boarding passes. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
16 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Used it a lot, yep it works as advertised.   Some airlines have express bag check-in for those with internet boarding passes. 

Meaning Brett with carry on one totally ovoids check In?  Who checks pass port and Visa?  Hard to believe this is done by staff when boarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RBM said:

Meaning Brett with carry on one totally ovoids check In?  Who checks pass port and Visa?  Hard to believe this is done by staff when boarding.

Your passport is checked under a scanner at a machine close the the normal check-in so in reality, you're not completely avoiding check-in, just the queues.  At least this is the case with Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Cebu Pacific where that facility is available.  Passports are always checked by boarding staff anyway and that's the only point where I've ever been asked to produce an onward ticket.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Internet check-in is a joke on Cebu Pacific. We checked in online and went through security only having to go out of the secure area when our names were called to report to the Cebu Pacific check-in desk. We had only carry-on baggage.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

Internet check-in is a joke on Cebu Pacific. We checked in online and went through security only having to go out of the secure area when our names were called to report to the Cebu Pacific check-in desk. We had only carry-on baggage.

That's why where the facility is available, those check-in machines are so good, they let the airline know you are there. 

I'm talking international, not domestic within PI.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

So to recap please Brett, if one checks in and obtains seat on line all we have to do is...

Go through security, scan pass port near check in, after proceed directly to immigration and waiting lounge, we have no physical boarding pass just a copy in fone or tablet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
Just now, RBM said:

So to recap please Brett, if one checks in and obtains seat on line all we have to do is...

Go through security, scan pass port near check in, after proceed directly to immigration and waiting lounge, we have no physical boarding pass just a copy in fone or tablet.

When you do the passport scan, a boarding pass will be issued.  But other than that, yep.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
14 minutes ago, RBM said:

Go through security, scan pass port near check in, after proceed directly to immigration and waiting lounge, we have no physical boarding pass just a copy in fone or tablet.

The self check in machines print out the boarding pass. 

Best to print out your itinerary which has a barcode. It's been awhile since I have done it and perhaps you can use your phone to scan on the machines now. If you have luggage the machine also prints out your luggage tags which you attach to your bags then place on the conveyor and wave goodbye.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The self check in machines print out the boarding pass. 

Best to print out your itinerary which has a barcode. It's been awhile since I have done it and perhaps you can use your phone to scan on the machines now. If you have luggage the machine also prints out your luggage tags which you attach to your bags then place on the conveyor and wave goodbye.

Just checked in online with PAL for domestic + international trip. Was surprised they allow checking in online for international. I did have to enter our passport information. We got printable boarding passes with those QR codes on them. I guess we'll have to use the baggage thing but at least we'll have no wait here in Davao or Manila.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...