Internet check in

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The self check in machines print out the boarding pass. 

Best to print out your itinerary which has a barcode. It's been awhile since I have done it and perhaps you can use your phone to scan on the machines now.

Despite instructions to 'pinch to make bigger' the scan code on the phone I could not get my phone to work with the self check in machine only a couple of months ago.  I wasn't the only person having problems with that either, I ended up needing staff to manually enter my details.

Next time I'll carry a paper printout for the self check in (people with those didn't seem to be having issues).

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

Internet check-in is a joke on Cebu Pacific

Agree and I found the same thing with Philippine Airlines.  But my experience with it is 2 years old so may have changed.  What really SUCKED is the line up for those who did the Internet check-in was 5 times as long as the line up for those who just showed up.

This is the Philippines.  Your mileage may vary.

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd never queue up again if I had the chance.  I've used it about 10 times now and kick myself for not using it previously.  Very handy when your carry on is limited to 7kg as it doesn't get weighed if you self check in.  50% of the times I used the standard check in my bags have been weighed and twice I've had to pay excess. 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have used it in the US a lot and love it...  never tried it in the PIs.  I am going to Manila tomorrow and already checked in for my flight and printed our boarding passes.  We shall see how it works.  I am flying out of Iloilo and it is such a small airport it is probably not worth messing with. There is never lines here anyway.  I hope I can use it flying out of Manila! 

Many of the "time saving" devices don't work as expected here.  I paid for my purchase at S&R yesterday with a credit card and it took 2 cashiers, one manager, and a different register for them to not be able to process it ha ha....  your mileage may vary....   :tiphat: 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1