56 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thats because its a windows 10 message.

embarrased  man.jpg Sorry, I said Sorry OK:wink:

Yeah I know close the door.jpg mutter, mutter, mutter  :whistling:

• Haha 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I had the same problem , even worse if using windows 10 ! Open office crashed also Chrome but Microsoft office and Internet explorer both worked fine ! So went back to windows 7, with updates off!  And instead of Chrome i use Opera , e erything fine,and i dont keep getting tbe annoying message telling me i am using un registered sotware  which i am not. A teccy friend of mine warned me that with updates turned on i was getting a update that was not listed which was why i was getting the unregistered software warning !

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Got a new Acer Swift 1 with Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. I installed Open Office and Chrome before I read that MS was going to start crying about MS Edge. Then I read they decided to NOT weep (after industry mockery). In either case, I've not had trouble with either (NoJinx! NoJinx!).

Gator
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There may be a war on.  I got this notice on my laptop yesterday:

Just another reason I’m glad I switched to a Mac book a few years ago. Got tired of all the crashes with my windows based machines (home and laptop). Yeah, I know they’re considerably more expensive, but 3+ years later my Mac still boots up like it did on day one and have had zero crashes or issues.

Apple and Google are odds again (privacy issues on some apps), but no issues (fingers crossed) with Chrome on my MAC, iPad or iPhone. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:shock_40_anim_gif: Ok so now on Par with another Topic I started about connections, I contacted PLDT and complained, My account had been reverted back to 1mbs instead of 3mbs constant :hystery: about 20 mins ago up came the 3mbs and also my Downloads are working, so it would seems that the very low mbs situation was causing the Problem in the First place. Thank you all for advice and posts but would ask if I can regrow Hair I have pulled out this last couple of Days (Not that I had much)  Peter thinking.jpg :hystery:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

so it would seems that the very low mbs situation was causing the Problem in the First place. Thank you all for advice and posts but would ask if I can regrow Hair I have pulled out this last couple of Days (Not that I had much)

Glad you worked it out but you seem to have Jinxed me. My connection if fine and actually getting a bit over the 8mbs but often chrome and even Opera are very unresponsive. I am wondering if its a new version of antivirus I installed causing my issues now.

:56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Glad you worked it out but you seem to have Jinxed me. My connection if fine and actually getting a bit over the 8mbs but often chrome and even Opera are very unresponsive. I am wondering if its a new version of antivirus I installed causing my issues now.

Better the Devil you know sometimes EH? One thing I have found is that since I had to un and the re install Chrome it is a bit better but it took a day or so to settle down, Sorry if i have jinxed you but maybe if you do as I did it may be better :huh:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

One thing I have found is that since I had to un and the re install Chrome it is a bit better

I dont think it will make any difference as I also updated Chrome to the latest version but that wont explain why Opera isn't much better.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Opera isn't much better.

:89: Time to update maybe? or reinstall your old  antivirus or maybe change?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I recently switched to the Brave Browser on my android phone. Fast and very privacy oriented. Based on the firefox code and project spearheaded by one of the original netscape/mozilla developers.

I also switched from Google to DuckDuckGo for my searches, they are more privacy oriented than Google.