Do you ever worry whether you're on the right track?

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Wow, you have certainly given us males something to think about. I for one am guilty of not really acknowledging a female when I've been there, more out of respect for her partner than anything else. You certainly have opened my eyes as to how hard it would be for a woman being an expat living there and us males aren't the most sensitive creature on earth. The next time I see a western lady over there, I'll go out of my way to say hi, thanks for pulling me personally up as to how it must feel to be a woman in a strange country.

Chin up girl, better days ahead and like you said, you've got a holiday planed, take it, but make sure someone looks after your garden. :cheersty:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

QUALITY TIME

This seems to be my biggest problem, I don't see many post that relate to this. My wife holds down a Full time ( more than that sometimes) and because of the nature of her position and the content of her job, after work it can be an hour dealing with other peoples problems in the Purok. This often leads me into a  state of Hmmm :89: and where do I stand in your life? :sad: What a sad thought but on Reading this Topic it brings it home that I am such a lucky man, Her Contribution to the family is Vast in comparison to many ( especially to the Locals) On top of that she has the household duties that we men ( foreigners) sometimes forget they do as regular as clockwork, the Shopping, the Market, Paying Bills and all the other items that she has always done ( For the Family [ extended when she lived at home] So in all honesty I really should not Moan at all but as I get Older, I tend to get more Selfish ( and I think that we can all agree to an extent on this) We are not Super Rich but we will never be poor either, [Living in Hopes and prayers] So what I mean is that as a family we are moving in the Right Direction and "on the right Track" but it is me, at times, that  says whoa Gal, all my Friends are doing this or that and what do we do? We build a HOME and enjoy she will say ( which we have done)

Holidays and such we can afford ( even with a daughter at University)  but as the Header on my Post said, it is the Time  to enjoy. Still only 8+ years to go ( her retirement) and we will have all the time in the world to do what we are not able to now  thumbs up from a lady.jpg

Yes we are on the Right Track and in so many cases and for me a definite, mostly down to that Little Lady of Mine/ours, LUV Er/them to Bits Well done to all our Ladies that can keep us on the straight and Narrow & Heading on and staying on the Right Track:smile:

jack & Her indoors.jpg Nough said from me Peter and Azon.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
must get a new spell check LOL
  • Like 3
  • Love it 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

Queenie,

To seize on a narrow portion of your post:

I was disappointed to find how situational/transactional (not sure of exact verbiage) friends and family can be- as if my personal bond rating has went down because of being away. I acknowledge not understanding it makes me sound negative. I feel like people are generally uncomfortable at those who do things differently.

Anyway I simply wanted to reinforce you are not alone with your comments. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1