Lost Love

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A member of the yahoo group sent me an email, I guess the warning to-wards the bottom is good advice but could be that he is some what naive.Hey Thomas, thank you and all the other guys in the group for all their help, throughout the past year. Most of you answered questions with the correct answer I needed to hear.Unfortunately I don't have a filipina anymore. So I wish I would have gotten to know all of you who helped me when confusion and uncertainty plagued me. All I ask is that you warn the guys who haven't visited their girlfriends or if they're not in constant communication with them.I thought I had the most loyal one of the all. I find that she's a coward and a cheat. Just tell them to be vigilant. If I find a another filipina I might be back, but it's unlikely. she will be here in the U.S. If you want to keep in contact with me, just drop me an email

paul
Posted
Posted

It's like I tell newbies before they get here... Drop the ones you met on line, and meet one here! You have a lot better chance at picking one out here, than you do on the Internet, because you are face to face with her here.

bdog
Posted
Posted

i guess if u meet a girl online, it is very unlikely she is loyal and honest,paul is right, the best thing to do is not make committment online wait until u get to phils,then u c the girls true character

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Guys, I just want to point out that not all the online girls are scammers, :23_11_62[1]: and I think it is unfair to paint them all with one brush IMHO. I know a lot of people who have met their ladies online and are very happy in their relationships and I also know many a guy who has done the meet them in person routine and has yet to find the perfect mate......... I think it is more about choosing wisely than where you find the lady. People should take their time and not try to buy love because IMO if a lady wants you for material things, then she may not turn out to be as good a wife as someone who wants you for you. Of course there are always exceptions to Mr. Lee's rule and it is just my opinion.I have met or talked to many men who are looking for the most gorgeous sexy and sexual lady that they can find and I would say that the odds of finding a lady who fills all those bills, would more than not, end up getting you a scammer because IMO ladies who know they are beautiful whether in the Philippines or in other countries, usually have learned to use their beauty to their own advantage. In my wife's first letter to me way back in the days before computers, she told me that she was but a plain ordinary lady and when I told her she was beautiful (at least in my eyes), she said that she was just average. To me that is what made me want her even more because she did not flaunt her beauty or maybe even feel that she was beautiful, and even more important, it is the beauty on the inside that is way more important than the beauty on the outside, and I found she had that, and still has it. Happy.gif

paul
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, I suppose I'm much more jaded, regarding girls you may meet on line. If they are on line, typically, then they have nothing to do to keep themselves busy otherwise. What I mean is, if you come here and find one who is working 12 hours a day, she won't have time to be on the Internet, looking for guys.So, you will have a much better chance at finding one who is ignorant of the Internet, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. My girlfriend knows how to boot the computer to watch her favorite shows on it. Otherwise, she doesn't use the computer for anything. You see, Tom, most of the provincial girls, more ignorant of the Internet, that guys have had us investigate over the years have turned out good. While the ones in the cities, and those who were on the Internet, more often anyway, were not good girls. Of course, I do realize that, if a guy wanted that sort of thing done, he would have questions anyway. So, the chances of girls being no good would be higher.

Edited by Paul

til
Posted
Posted

I think you have to be careful, but not paranoid, with girls you meet on the Internet. Use your common sense (if you have) and don't get too committed until you've seen her in real. Chatting with several girls will immunize you to the Filipina charm to a certain extent: you will realize what all Filipinas have in common, and what makes a girl (your girl?) special. I think it's a matter of personal preference and maybe time you can spend in the phils, what way to meet a girl is better for you. I myself have met a very good girl online and have met some scammers too and some pretty honest "money for show" girls, which are of course a bit like bar girls, except a lot of them lead a more normal and innocent "real life".

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

You have to be careful with girls you meet anywhere. Your brain is your first line of defense so make sure the right head is doing the thinking. Even one you meet in person can be a scammer. There are girls on the internet who are really looking for a relationship. There are girls you meet you in person who will leave you naked in a hotel room. You need to pay close attention to any girl you meet anywhere until you have a chance to get to know her better.

• 4 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Thing with internet dating is its exactly that its the internet.. it doesnt become real until you meet in person. I wouldnt recommend anyone sending money to someone online. I wouldnt start a business with someone i had only just met. Infact i would just treat it as friendship until you eventually do meet. If she hangs around that long then you know your already half way there..Regarding they have nothing better to do.. April used to talk to me in the mornings at her office and a friend of mine works in a call centre so there is genuine women out there that are just browsing the net at work..But be realistic thats all i can say on the subject.. A friend of mine was nearly dating a guy but when he showed me the picture of his girlfriend i instantly knew it was no woman..lol He was soul destroyed after he confronted he/she and now refuses to go to the Philippines..

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

The internet is a very powerful tool and can be very useful in meeting potential partners or just friends. Like any tool, you have to know how to use it properly or someone or something can get hurt or damaged. Meeting someone on the net, you get a chance to find out things that would otherwise take quite awhile in person. Most discussions get pretty intense because of the amount of time people spend chatting, you have to talk about more than the weather!!!Using common sense will weed out 90% of the scammers or just women looking for ANY sugar daddy. ie any woman who puts she's looking for a man 18-80 on her profile is out right off the bat. If she has no more self respect or common sense than that, then what do I want with her? If a 22 year old wants to meet a 75 year old man then there is only 1 reason for it. $$$I do not find that there is a great desparity in the good/bad girls ratio between the city and the province. More and more the provinces are getting internet cafes and the big push there is for the ones who know how to scam/beg for $$ on the net to teach those who don't know how to. It's basically treated like a business.There are many good women out there on the net. You just have to be smart enough to know how to differentiate the chaff from the wheat!

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Hey that's what I always say. The he/she thing can be tricky. Some of them are hard to spot in person much less over a web cam. In years gone by a really good make up job was the first warning sing since almost none of the girls knew how to apply it correctly.