Advice required for Entry Ticket from Australia to Cebu

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That's not quite true. The law states an outbound ticket so makes no difference where to. Also often you can get cheap tickets, cheaper than return for something not used.

Mike, the ticket does not have to be dated in any time frame so it does not matter. Do as millions of others do and just buy an onward ticket to satisfy the airline so you can board. Why waste your money when you could use it to buy me beers? 

Thanks Tom. I would love to buy you beers if given the chance :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Medic Mike said:

Just to add you mention you normally buy a 3 week return ticket. Its been 30 days free visa waiver since I cant remember. The 30 days start the following day after arrival. In your case all you need is a chep onward ticket then you can extend your visa for up to 36 months.

If your in Cebu city we can catch up one day :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Medic Mike said:

CREEP.jpg :hystery:

• Love it 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just to add you mention you normally buy a 3 week return ticket. Its been 30 days free visa waiver since I cant remember. The 30 days start the following day after arrival. In your case all you need is a chep onward ticket then you can extend your visa for up to 36 months.

If your in Cebu city we can catch up one day :tiphat:

Sounds good. I plan to be there for the next 30+ years, Lord willing :)

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

CREEP.jpg :hystery:

No beers for you Jack! :)

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Medic Mike said:

No beers for you Jack! :)

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That's not quite true. The law states an outbound ticket so makes no difference where to. Also often you can get cheap tickets, cheaper than return for something not used.

Yes I agree with all of the above, but when buying a one way ticket to say PI's then onto Hong Kong or anywhere, the price difference is minimal to a return ticket. As for leaving a ticket with an open return date, I have tried online booking and have always need a return date, generally about eight months out from booked date, maybe going through an agent you might be able to book an open ticket, but will pay agents fees. If you or anyone else can give me a heads up on how to get a full twelve months on a return ticket when booking by online to save agents fees, I would also appreciate it. I also like to have a backdoor ajar in case the need arises, in the PI's you just never know, thanks again JGF:thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Yes I agree with all of the above, but when buying a one way ticket to say PI's then onto Hong Kong or anywhere, the price difference is minimal to a return ticket. As for leaving a ticket with an open return date, I have tried online booking and have always need a return date, generally about eight months out from booked date, maybe going through an agent you might be able to book an open ticket, but will pay agents fees. If you or anyone else can give me a heads up on how to get a full twelve months on a return ticket when booking by online to save agents fees, I would also appreciate it. I also like to have a backdoor ajar in case the need arises, in the PI's you just never know, thanks again JGF:thumbsup:

I dont understand your logic for a person who is coming to live full time about a backdoor open. No one can get a ticket beyond 12 months to my understanding so how is that safety? If one had to leave at anytime there are always tickets to be found but in the case of a catastrophic disaster it wouldn't make much difference.

As said many times, an onward ticket is all that is required. Date of that ticket makes no difference and does not have to be within 30 days so thats all anyone coming here indefinitely needs.

The cost of a return ticket varies throughout the year so at times it might be just as easy but at others can be expensive. So really it's up to research as to when a person is traveling and how much money they have or care about.

Just to add I never use agents when one can simple book online direct through a chosen airline.  :tiphat:

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Airlines reserve the right to get sniffy if you buy a return ticket and not use the return leg. Don't what they could do appart from sulk though.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Airlines reserve the right to get sniffy if you buy a return ticket and not use the return leg.

So tell them you are sick the day you want to travel and you want to delay a month.  They get sniffy about that too but then they feel justified telling you to suck rocks rather than you telling them to suck rocks.