JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

I recently went to the US Embassy to take care of paperwork for getting married to my Sweet Rea and noticed a ballot box there to drop off ballets to vote in the upcoming election. It is near the front door and you can check in, drop off the ballet and go right back out. I am not sure how long it will be available for early voting, or how long it will take to an absentee ballot to reach the US.  Anyone with further information, please pass it on. I will check into this deeper. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just happened to be in the US and voted, but I have family checking my mail at home - and so far there is no ballot yet.  Texas was supposed to send it... I wonder if I ever get one?

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

The Bastrop County Election Office emailed me the ballot. I have to have it printed, filled out and then, sent in. forget the mail service here 

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

The State of Washington mailed me my ballot here at the house. I mailed it back via PhilPost Express Mail at a cost of P1460. I'll do it differently next time. I wonder if we can mail them to the embassy?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

I wonder if we can mail them to the embassy?

Not by the look of it. Tells you here on their website about voting.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/voting/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

Vote in the US elections. Blech. Glad I am traveling outside the US the last 5 weeks before the election. Easier to avoid all those endless political commercials and political news.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

Easier to avoid all those endless political commercials and political news.

:hystery: Yes! but we still get them here and I am from the UK :huh:

Just saying :56da632e94212_1(60):

• 1 year later...
roddavis
Posted
Posted

For those that want to register to vote, got this the other day from the US Embassy.

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Message for U.S. Citizens:  VOTING IN 2020 U.S. ELECTIONS
December 26, 2019

Your vote counts!  Did you know that many U.S. elections for the House and Senate have been decided by a margin smaller than the number of ballots cast by absentee voters?  All states are required to count every absentee ballot as long as it is valid and reaches local election officials by the absentee ballot receipt deadline.    

Follow a few simple steps to make sure that you can vote in the 2020 U.S. elections: 

1.  Request Your Ballot:  Complete a new Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) at FVAP.gov.  You must complete a new FPCA after January 1, 2020 to ensure you receive a ballot for every federal election for which you are eligible throughout the 2020 election cycle.  The completion of the FPCA allows you to request absentee ballots for all elections for federal offices (President, U.S. Senate, and U.S. House of Representatives) including primaries and special elections during the calendar year in which it is submitted.  All FPCA forms that are correctly filled out and include a signature and date are accepted by all local election officials in all U.S. states and territories.  

You can use FVAP’s easy online assistant to walk you through the FPCA at FVAP.gov.  The online voting assistant will ask you questions specific to your state.  We encourage you to select the option for receiving your ballot electronically (by email, internet download, or fax, depending on your state) as this is the fastest way for you to get your ballot.  Include your email address on your FPCA to take advantage of the electronic ballot delivery option.  Return the FPCA to your election office per the instructions on the website.  FVAP.gov will tell you if your state accepts the FPCA by email, mail, or fax.  If you must mail your FPCA, please see below for mailing options. 

2.  Receive and Complete Your Ballot:  States are required to send out ballots 45 days before a regular election for federal office and states generally send out ballots at least 30 days before primary elections.  For most states, you can confirm your registration and ballot delivery online

3. Return Your Completed Ballot:  Some states allow you to return your completed ballot electronically and others do not.  If your state requires you to return paper voting forms or ballots to local election officials by mail, then you can do so free of charge at the U.S. Embassy in Manila or the Consular Agency in Cebu.  Place your ballots in postage paid return envelopes or in envelopes bearing sufficient domestic U.S. postage, and address them to the relevant local election officials. 

You can also return your FPCA or ballot to your local election officials via international mail or professional courier service at your own expense. 

Researching the Candidates and Issues:  Online Resources.  Check out the FVAP links page for helpful resources that will aid your research of candidates and issues.  Non-partisan information about candidates, their voting records, and their positions on issues are widely available and easy to obtain on-line.  You can also read national and hometown newspapers on-line, or search the internet to locate articles and information.  For information about election dates and deadlines, subscribe to FVAP's Voting Alerts (vote@fvap.gov)  FVAP also shares Voting Alerts via Facebook (@DODFVAP)Twitter (@FVAP), and Instagram (@fvapgov)

Learn more at the Federal Voting Assistance Program's (FVAP) website, FVAP.gov.  If you have any questions about registering to vote overseas, please contact U.S. Embassy Manila's Voting Assistance Officer at +63-2-5301-2000 ext. 2567, or at VoteMANILA@state.gov. 

Remember, your vote counts!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that great information, Rod!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, roddavis said:

For those that want to register to vote, got this the other day from the US Embassy.

Thanks Rod!  I have not voted since I moved here but want to this year.  It looks like this will make it easier.