Jump to content
Jack Peterson

Hmmmmmmmmmm Empty Morning

Recommended Posts

So it is lunch time and we are off to the Outlaws for the Fiesta Lunch, I guess (because it has been quiet) either many are hungover or you are all out:89:

Anyway see you all later Peter and the Wife.jpg :whistling:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No not out, just a family day at home as usual on a Sunday.

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

we are off to the Outlaws for the Fiesta Lunch,

:sad: And that turned into a right Fiasco of badness all round, When arrived at 11.45 Total confusion was paramount, Seems our 16 year old nephew had been taken to hospital because he was Electrocuted. His Stand fan was not obviously checked by anyone in the House and had at least 6 small but deadly cuts ( Breaks) in the cable and he had hung the cable over his bed frame ( which is metal) and :Zap: Cotcha. At this time he is in ICU at SUMC here in Dumaguete and has a slightly more than 50/50 chance of being OK Now of course I am so sorry to hear this BUT for Goodness sake 30+ peso (If that) for a roll of Insulation tape, Now it could turn out at 400.000 peso in Hospital Bills, When we called in I gave a promissory note to cover the 30.000 bill already incurred and made the 15.000 downpayment for this Mornings episode. Why oh Why can't people just think with their heads and not just trust nothing is ever going to go wrong. A slightly damp cloth to clean the cable would have given the clue UH, Uh, something wrong here. Of course, now we find an Old Electric Cabinet and fuses mended with Tie wire, no cut off box and the thermal inline fuse removed from the fan  Scratching Head.jpg

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I've said it before, more people die of electricution in the floods than drown. I'm supprised he's in hostpital, usually when you get a belt you shrug it off or die. EHV will give you burns but not normally 240Vac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to hear about the youngster being electrocuted. Gary is right this it much too common and easily avoided with a little awareness  and common sense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

. I'm supprised he's in hostpital,

He is in ICU as what ever happened was bad ( No circuit break at all, cable still live when Found) and he underwent surgery to a damaged Artery. I will know more later

Edited by Jack Peterson
must get a new spell check LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, Jack Peterson said:

he underwent surgery to a damaged Artery. I will know more later

 After a week in a Coma JM (Our nephew passed away Yesterday at about 3pm  His Internal organs were very badly damaged. ( beyond repair)

RIP Young ManJM.jpg

 JM and Azon.jpg JM and Azon2.jpg

These are the Last Photos I have of him at Azons & His Birthday party Early November, A Pointless, stupid Accident all for the cost of a roll of Electrical Insulation tape and a properly maintained control Box.

Sad day for all the Family, Let's hope lessons are learned.  Never underestimate the Power of Electricity ( Even here)

 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 2
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Let's hope lessons are learned.

We can hope.  May he R.I.P.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for your loss , I've seen the standard of Philippines electrics and ive decided to rewire my house , I'll do it to UK standard 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sorry to hear he's gone, Jack. Such a simple thing and so much heartache from it. My condolences.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×