How or has your son or daughter experienced "bullying" here in the Philippines?

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Since time began kids will be kids and parents will be parents. We all know it's a no-no to try to tell someone how to manage their kids regardless.

What a pallaver over a ham sandwich!

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Judging by some of the reactions I see here to foreigners even if the foreigner Is the victim if it has any outcome affecting a local then the foreigner is to blame as they shouldn't be here in the first place.

That said it's not just a Filipino trait. Twice in the UK I've had to approach parents about their children. One pulled a knife on my son and another tried to rob my son. In both cases the Fathers attempted to attack me as it was NONE of my business what their kids do. 

You just can't fathom some parents at times. 

My stepson is not a foreigner. This is his country. I don't see your logic. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

My stepson is not a foreigner. This is his country. I don't see your logic. 

You will be looked on as his Father regardless as I am to my partners daughter.  Even if you were a thousand miles away at the time someone will suggest to the parents that their son was only expelled as a foreigner's child  was involved or the parents will think that themselves. 

I visited my partners daughters school just twice and at the second visit, an open day lots of kids came up to me and called me by my name as did quite a few parents. Guilty by association as they say. 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, hk blues said:

Since time began kids will be kids and parents will be parents. We all know it's a no-no to try to tell someone how to manage their kids regardless.

What a pallaver over a ham sandwich!

You are right. We should not tell others how to manage their children. Thats what rules are for. Schools just enforce them. The same with police. They enforce the laws.

In the states, parents are responsible for their children and their mischief. As long as a child is a minor, he is the parent's responsibility. Needless to say, there are irresponsible parents. They set the example. 

You are right that this subject is a lot over seemingly nothing. I just want to respond, not argue.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

You are right. We should not tell others how to manage their children. Thats what rules are for. Schools just enforce them. The same with police. They enforce the laws.

In the states, parents are responsible for their children and their mischief. As long as a child is a minor, he is the parent's responsibility. Needless to say, there are irresponsible parents. They set the example. 

You are right that this subject is a lot over seemingly nothing. I just want to respond, not argue.

But you are not in the States, different rules apply, the parents are not responsible, the schools don't apply the rules, the police don't enforce the laws. Welcome to the land of it's not my responsibility.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

But you are not in the States, different rules apply, the parents are not responsible, the schools don't apply the rules, the police don't enforce the laws. Welcome to the land of it's not my responsibility.

Maybe not ALL parents feel they are  responsible but wife and I would feel that if son breaks a rule or the law or is disrespectful that we shoulder some of the responsibility. 

The school where son attends does apply the rules, all of them. Maybe the police might not enforce all the laws. Only when convenient. I am well aware of the code of conduct here of citizens and the police. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Maybe not ALL parents feel they are  responsible but wife and I would feel that if son breaks a rule or the law or is disrespectful that we shoulder some of the responsibility. 

The school where son attends does apply the rules, all of them. Maybe the police might not enforce all the laws. Only when convenient. I am well aware of the code of conduct here of citizens and the police. 

I'm sure you feel responsible but then you are applying you western morals. Just look at the levels of teenage pregnancy and abandon women. Tell me that is a responsible society.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

I'm sure you feel responsible but then you are applying you western morals. Just look at the levels of teenage pregnancy and abandon women. Tell me that is a responsible society.

That is what I am talking about, responsibility of the parents. It starts at home. As for teen age pregnancies, the states offer free birth control. Still, there are teen age pregnancies. The states even provide child care centers for mothers who have to work. 

Working parents cannot provide the necessary guidance to their young. Social media doesn't help but that's another issue. 

So, we can say the Philippines is a "developing country" a flimsy excuse is better than none.