I can't believe it, but apparently it's true

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

How hard is it to get some chemicals to spray for insects/bugs?  I have some stuff here that will kill all insects/bugs, mix it with some water and spray.  Kills all insects/bugs and no birds hang around because there is no food for them. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Maybe it is different when you live outside the big city?  Here in Moalboal I go to one of the three local lumber mills.  Tell them the dimensions, quantity and and the type of the wood you want.  That being said, the material you end up with has not been kiln dried.  You must rick and dry it yourself or nail it down quickly.  As others have mentioned also treat it with Solignum or other termite treatment.  If I do want kiln dried dimensional lumber the local hardware store here sells 2x2 thru 2x10 that is imported from Canada.  Very spendy compared to what I would spend when living in the Pacific Northwest of the USA! :shock_40_anim_gif:

thailend19
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Yeochief said:

How hard is it to get some chemicals to spray for insects/bugs?  I have some stuff here that will kill all insects/bugs, mix it with some water and spray.  Kills all insects/bugs and no birds hang around because there is no food for them. 

thailend19
Posted
Posted
Just now, thailend19 said:

Apparently we are in the minority, especially when it comes to flying termites. I know flashing works against tunneling termies, because we use it successfully against them in servicing my rental wooden houses

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, thailend19 said:

Sounds like you're using malathion. I moved into a tick infested house once and it did the trick.