Jump to content
OnMyWay

Malaysian Airlines Manila-Auckland

Recommended Posts

Anybody flying Malaysian Airlines these days?  I have not really considered them since MH 370 flew off into the wild blue yonder and was never seen again.

Searching for flights to Auckland for next December and MH has a good fare.  The PAL direct flight has good prices in November but their calendar only goes til mid-December now, so I have to wait to see what the fares will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t fly Malaysian airlines. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Don’t fly Malaysian airlines. 

Why not, we used them several time a few year ago and they quite acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QA and maintenance issues. I would avoid that airline.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Anybody flying Malaysian Airlines these days?  I have not really considered them since MH 370 flew off into the wild blue yonder and was never seen again.

Searching for flights to Auckland for next December and MH has a good fare.  The PAL direct flight has good prices in November but their calendar only goes til mid-December now, so I have to wait to see what the fares will be.

I am in NZ at the moment. Normally fly Singapore airlines, if you spend time on line price is attractive. Just be sure to score to the airbus.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RBM said:

I am in NZ at the moment. Normally fly Singapore airlines, if you spend time on line price is attractive. Just be sure to score to the airbus.

Last time we used SQ and paid about $1275 USD for adult fare, but we had to book a hotel for the overnight layover on the way back.  It looks like they have changed schedules since then and an overnight layover is not needed.  Adult fares on the dates we need are as low as $950.

However, need to consider PAL direct at only 10 hours.  The PAL calendar only goes until the second week of December so I can't see the fare over Christmas yet.  If I put in early December dates the fare is also about $950.

I didn't consider PAL last time because they were flying a small airbus and stopping in AU.  Now they have an Airbus A330-300 non-stop.  It has 2-4-2 seating.  Anybody tried this aircraft yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really don't have much privacy, do we?  This ad comes up twice on this page.

Screenshot (394).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Anybody tried this aircraft yet?

 Yep a few times, Good if you have a couple of kids as you  are all together in a 4 Row, but if you are just a couple, the very last seats both sides and Just 2 and right before the CR's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

 Yep a few times, Good if you have a couple of kids as you  are all together in a 4 Row, but if you are just a couple, the very last seats both sides and Just 2 and right before the CR's

We are 5 now but that is not a big deal as we work out the seats.

This reminded to rant on PAL a bit.  They do not give any discount for children aged 2-11, and they charge extra to sit in an aisle seat or in the front.

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

QA and maintenance issues. I would avoid that airline.

Hmm Dan.......this is interesting.  Now you have my curiosity peaking.  Perhaps on a different topic, what has been the tsimis around the cooler at your Boeing plant regarding the disappearance of MH 370?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...