Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I think a better trade off would be to buy a setup like Graham has and drive at those speeds in the house!  No trikes, etc.!

It really hurts me to say this, but I am sure you are right and that I should just settle for the "virtual" machine. But, amazingly, after all those years sailing at just over walking pace in the ocean, I really do feel the "need for speed!!!" I always wanted to drive a car with a gazillion horsepower at least once. I always also wanted to get a ride in a fighter jet that could accelerate going straight up... Sadly, reality anchors me solidly to the ground. I guess this might fall under a new topic... Dreams?

Hmm... I should have rephrased my first sentence. It does not hurt me to say you are right, but it hurts me to have to admit that I must settle for virtual verses "real" reality...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I bought a Yellow C6 Automatic base model Corvette in Germany because I could not find a stick in my price range at my shopping time.  I found that it would turn you into a woman at certain times, like going 307 kph at 2 AM on the autobahn, in deer country, with suspension and brakes not built for that speed.  As I floated along, I felt my balls retracting and I screamed a high pitched woman's scream! :hystery:

I've had parking tickets at that speed. :tongue:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I've had parking tickets at that speed. :tongue:

This must be you.

Or, which one of these first 3 is you?  :hystery:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Definitely the parking fail. I prefer a real Challenger. The Challenger 2 main battle tank. 1,200 Bhp and instant acceleration, better over cross country also. :shades:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That was the most fun of all!  Getting unsuspecting passengers to go for a ride!

Good that you sold it as those Challengers always lose to the Corvettes!

Not so. It wasn't until the C7 corvette in 2014 (I think?) the corvettes could keep up with an SRT except for some ZR1's. I did not street race much but twice I smoked a corvette. 

Got a used M3 last winter and love it. Very comfortable and fun to drive the prefect road trip car.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/7/2020 at 11:56 PM, Old55 said:

Not so. It wasn't until the C7 corvette in 2014 (I think?) the corvettes could keep up with an SRT except for some ZR1's. I did not street race much but twice I smoked a corvette. 

Got a used M3 last winter and love it. Very comfortable and fun to drive the prefect road trip car.

I'm sure your wife would feel much safer in an SUV????  If I were you I would get the second one because the stock 707 hp is a bit wimpy.

I'm impressed with the torque on my 500 NM torque on my diesel Trailblazer and in 4 X 4, you feel glued to the road.  I can't imagine what this would feel like but the big SUV with 1100 HP AWB is probably tamer than 1100 hp in a lightweight RWD sportscar! 

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Even old muscle cars can be modded to compete with these newcomers....  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1