As we say "Stupid is as Stupid does"

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am beginning to think that the Locals really do think that the law is only for us (Foreigners)

Earlier I went down to my Local Sorry sorry and there was an almighty row going on in the Yard, Now this family are not Rich but by Local standards are certainly not Poor. Last year the Father and one of the Sons bought "Toyota Wigos" neither have their regular Plates yet. Now as I said in an earlier Post I now have mine yet bought the car over 1 year after them. Now, there is  an LTO ruling that when regular Plates are associated with a new car on Conduction numbers they must be affixed or there is a fine of 5.000 peso on apprehension. It seems that Both were caught out in the cars following each other from somewhere and of Course got caught in a Road check. the HPG ( Highway patrol group) had an LTO Deputy with them and I guess were straight on to this YES! 2 birds with one stone comes to mind :wink:

Now one had his Conduction number on a plate but no Authorisation to drive on the Road, The Son has still got is for Registration Plate on. Bad! What I thought was :wow: neither has been near Toyota as they would have been told we have your Plates, ( my niece works there and has said they have quite a few that are not collected or affixed) So, if that is the Case they are obviously not having the cars serviced and thus will put their warranties in Jeopardy. So apparently, according to my neighbour the row is about this 10.000 peso joint fine, as I said Stupid. :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

• Like 5

TimL
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, the lack of enforcement @ the traffic level blows my mind. Think of all the money the Gov could be generating and instead, simply looses. Where I am in Cebu, I could sit near the corner and spend an entire day writing tickets. In fact, I’d have them lined up and down the street for blocks waiting for me to get to the next one. I even saw a taxi sitting on the corner with red/blue led lights on top trying to drum up business  lol

Just when you think that you’ve seen it all here, nope!!!

Most definately, driver’s here couldn’t give a rats a$$ about traffic laws.

Edited by TimL
  • Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I cannot say how many times I have heard how the drivers in the Philippines are undisciplined.  Like most others I could tell endless stories of the violations I have witnessed go unchecked even when it occurred in front of a uniformed LTO.  I have chatted with many of the LTO when I am on the street and sometimes ask why do you not enforce the laws.  The answers are endless but basically it boils down to enforcing the law would require a little more work on their part and still get the same pay.  So, through my observations I no longer say the drivers are undisciplined.  It is the LTO who are undisciplined.  But on the other hand, and as Jack says, there is always a butt, be careful what you wish for!

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, TimL said:

Yeah, the lack of enforcement @ the traffic level blows my mind. Think of all the money the Gov could be generating and instead, simply looses. Where I am in Cebu, I could sit near the corner and spend an entire day writing tickets. In fact, I’d have them lined up and down the street for blocks waiting for me to get to the next one. I even saw a taxi sitting on the corner with red/blue led lights on top trying to drum up business  lol

Just when you think that you’ve seen it all here, nope!!!

Most definately, driver’s here couldn’t give a rats a$$ about traffic laws.

Ever notice that when a police car is behind you with the blue lights flashing nobody pulls over or even cares? It seems they just turn them on whenever they feel like it.:biggrin:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

I cannot say how many times I have heard how the drivers in the Philippines are undisciplined.  Like most others I could tell endless stories of the violations I have witnessed go unchecked even when it occurred in front of a uniformed LTO.  I have chatted with many of the LTO when I am on the street and sometimes ask why do you not enforce the laws.  The answers are endless but basically it boils down to enforcing the law would require a little more work on their part and still get the same pay.  So, through my observations I no longer say the drivers are undisciplined.  It is the LTO who are undisciplined.  But on the other hand, and as Jack says, there is always a butt, be careful what you wish for!

It's my observation that all of them are undisciplined. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing or even care. I got a counterflow fine 4 months ago. The traffic guy in the intersection was giving us the ok to make a left turn but his cohorts were there to stop us..(4 cars)..and ask for our drivers license. I don't know what the other drivers did but I paid the fine on the spot to the glee of the guy that got my license. P1,500. Some of you might say that I helped feed the corruption that is there, but I would rather take care of it on the spot than go through the traffic court system and spend countless hours taking care of it legally.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Ever notice that when a police car is behind you with the blue lights flashing nobody pulls over or even cares? It seems they just turn them on whenever they feel like it.:biggrin:

Most likely because every emergency vehicle seems to have their lights on regardless. Even the transport vehicles seem to think it's an emergency to get prisoners to jail. :89:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, TimL said:

Most likely because every emergency vehicle seems to have their lights on regardless. Even the transport vehicles seem to think it's an emergency to get prisoners to jail. :89:

So true!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Cebu city l assume it's mandatory for emergency vehicles to always have lights flashing when moving. 

It's only when the siren is on that it's an emergency. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Cebu city l assume it's mandatory for emergency vehicles to always have lights flashing when moving. 

It's only when the siren is on that it's an emergency. 

I just assumed that the lights are activated automatically when the vehicle starts  no ON/OFF switch. 🚔

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I just assumed that the lights are activated automatically when the vehicle starts  no ON/OFF switch. 🚔

Could be. The SWAT team park every night for awhile in the IT park and the lights keep flashing while parked but also.does the roaming security vehicle which also has a siren. :89:

• Like 1