Car Wash? not a lot of luck in Dumaguete

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So we set off at 8.30am to get the Car washed in Sibulan ( not far after the Airport) HUH! :huh: As there was No Water in all Areas of Dumaguete we figured Sibulan was a safer Bet, YEAH! :89: So did most of Dumaguete car owners may I tell you, The Queue was about 11 cars at that time and looking at a 3 hour wait we decided to try elsewhere, same same, so we gave up and went and had a Spend:571c66d400c8c_1(103): BUT to the rescue came my ladies and promised to do the Car themselves In the Morning after Church So once again our Stand Pump will be Flavour of the MonthDirty Kitchen 1.jpg :thumbsup:

Just thought you might like to know this  embarrased  man.jpg

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted

Is it necessary to wash the car if you have a water shortage?:whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Viking said:

:whistling: Not sure how long you have been in the Philippines My friend but here, a car can be a Status Symbol, and these people love whatever Status they can gain, For me No But..................................... It is far better to go with the Flow:thumbsup: or risk the Pouts and  Tampo's :smile: Especially when you have your own water Pump :whistling:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a small bit
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Viking said:

My housekeeper/mom in law washed our car two days ago. Next day guess what happened? A downpour while we were driving. The myth is true!:biggrin: 

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So we set off at 8.30am to get the Car washed in Sibulan ( not far after the Airport) HUH! :huh: As there was No Water in all Areas of Dumaguete we figured Sibulan was a safer Bet, YEAH! :89: So did most of Dumaguete car owners may I tell you, The Queue was about 11 cars at that time and looking at a 3 hour wait we decided to try elsewhere, same same, so we gave up and went and had a Spend:571c66d400c8c_1(103): BUT to the rescue came my ladies and promised to do the Car themselves In the Morning after Church So once again our Stand Pump will be Flavour of the MonthDirty Kitchen 1.jpg :thumbsup:

Just thought you might like to know this  embarrased  man.jpg

The only way I would wait in an eleven car line for a car wash was if they gave free beer while you wait!!:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: Not sure how long you have been in the Philippines My friend but here, a car can be a Status Symbol, and these people love whatever Status they can gain, For me No But..................................... It is far better to go with the Flow:thumbsup: or risk the Pouts and  Tampo's :smile: Especially when you have your own water Pump :whistling:

I am not living there yet, but I have been visiting the country regularly for the last 30 years. As far as status symbols, I dont care, same as you, but I understand if you want to keep your lady in a good mood .

I am aware that status is very important for many pinoys/pinays and thats in fact one of the things I dont like about Philippines. I am lucky to have a woman that feels the same way as me about these things. This is no criticism to you or your woman, just to clearify.

Have a great day :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You need one of the Polish run hand washes we have here in the Uk. They would do 11 cars in about 20 minutes.

• Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gary D said:

You need one of the Polish run hand washes we have here in the Uk. 

So a wash... and a free car Polish :hystery:

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

This is no criticism to you or your woman, just to clearify.

Have a great day 

:thumbsup: Cheers for your Comments But and there is always a But, my wife used to take my side on issues like this But again and there is always an again But EH?

Living here full time is so very Different to visiting and over the Last 7 years being here Full time and on the Pensions that make them (The Local) think  we are all millionaires and so should appear so. Now this becomes so difficult to explain to people that it  is The Siblings and Batchmates from high school Etc that seem many times to help our Ladies reverse a situation that we always though was written in Paint and not on Flour But each to our own and only time will tell.......................................:tiphat:

Viking
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Living here full time is so very Different to visiting and over the Last 7 years being here Full time and on the Pensions that make them (The Local) think  we are all millionaires and so should appear so. 

I believe you when you say it is different living there full time.

The locals think we are millionaires because we live and behave like millionaires :tongue:. To be honest I also Think almost all of the foreigners living in PH actually are millionaires, its not very difficult to be, when the currency is pesos :thumbsup: