Do you find that some expats are jealous?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I made custard from scratch and it was pretty good with Apple pie. But when you add up the cost of the ingredients it comes out nearly the same as the sachets. I bought some stainless steel pots and pans in Ayala in May 2011 and they are still good. I also bought some Italian pans here in Dumaguete at lee Plaza Hypermart 1x8 inch 1x4inch and a nonstick frying pan for just over1kp and they are good. We get a lot of overruns here which are very good. I have some cutlery from Ikea and shirts from the UK (bought here) which are about 200p each. BTW they have Heinz beans for sale in Hypermart about 80p per can. Gary, you can get HP and Heinz ketchup nearly all the time here.

We have brought non stick pans in the Phils but the family knock the hell out of them so wife wants her own set, the set we have here in the UK are still like new after 20 years. Yes the sauce and beans are available locally sometime but more than 80p,  here we can get nearly 3 tins for that and we have BB boxes coming anyway so may as well fill them.

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Steve Wool just told me on FB that I could have gotten all that in Sainsbury`s UK for 238 peso, I was about to block him when he offered to send a BB with UK goodies in so we are best buddies again.:whistling:

More to the point Kev, as we have all been listening to Steve Wool's plans for what seems like bloody years and he is now finally RETIRED...... why doesn't he just bring the sodding food with him?! :hystery:

Come on Steve, pull ya bloody finger out and get on with emigrating to the Phils.. after all, it is what you joined the forum for, huh?

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:      :cheersty:      :mocking:

Edited by Eddie1
Spelling.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As I've mentioned our upcoming stay in the Philippines will be for about 8 months so as we are sending a few Balakbayan boxes we trying to think what we need, yes a lot can be found locally but we don't want to spend endless days looking for something we can send ahead from the UK. As we will be house building I will be sending a lot of tools and all of the electrical cable, sockets, switches etc. We will be sending as much as we can think of such as bath soaps, toothpaste, shampoo plus food stuffs. Baked Beans were mentioned earlier and I bought 2 packs (24 x 415g tins) at 27 pesos a tin. Has crossed my mind to send a cement mixer as the one's I've seen locally don't look up to much. The main concern is running 50Hz equipment on a 60Hz supply.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Coming soon fishcakes

• I'm Confused 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Coming soon fishcakes

Now there's an idea, if I rap them well I wonder if they would still be frozen after the 8 week trip in a box.:smile:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Now there's an idea, if I rap them well I wonder if they would still be frozen after the 8 week trip in a box.:smile:

Calm down Gary I haven`t made them yet.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Are they from UK to here or visa versa?

9 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Calm down Gary I haven`t made them yet.

:89: Are we having someCrossed purposes.png

just asking Guys.

• Like 1