Living in Carcar, Cebu

RBM
Posted
Posted

I would advise some caution before signing up a long term lease. Carcar is not a city for everyone, accordingly perhaps consider a cheap hotel room or Inn for a month, Duncan at Sugars can  advise.

It's a very bustling place and has serious traffic concerns, like a nice cake , try a slice first.

• Like 1

Alexander
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

When you get moved please let us know of your progress.

For sure, I will do it! This forum helped me a lot, and I would be glad to help other people with my own experience. When I'll gain it:smile:

7 hours ago, RBM said:

I would advise some caution before signing up a long term lease

That's a wise advice. I have booked a room for 2 weeks, and of course I'll take a look around at first.

Edited by Alexander

• 1 month later...
RBM
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Alexander said:

Hello everyone!

Well, some time in Carcar passed, but finally I decided to go back to Luzon. I settled down in Tagaytay city:smile: Carcar is an acceptable place, but locals really pay too much attention to an inked foreigner, which is irritating a bit, and there's a problem with finding a decent house for rent. Cable internet is kind of a problem also... Anyway Carcar is pretty nice place, but I liked Tagaytay much more. Last weekend I've made a 2 years rent contract:smile: Thanks all of you guys for your help, I really appreciate it!

Nice receive this feed back and would love to hear more about your reasons. Think have heard Tagaytay is quite expensive rent wise.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update interesting to read your experience.

Alexander
Posted
Posted
On 6/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, RBM said:

Nice receive this feed back and would love to hear more about your reasons.

Carcar is nice place, but people there looked at me like I'm an alien from outer space:huh: All of them were very friendly, but still... And there's a poor infrastructure there. Good internet is hardly available also, but PLDT promises to start providing cable internet in Carcar very soon. Well, Carcar is pretty cozy place, but I just didn't feel I like it. I don't know why... Just a feeling, hard to explain.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, RBM said:

Think have heard Tagaytay is quite expensive rent wise.

My girlfriend (she's from Metro Manila originally, from a wealthy and respectable family) has relatives here, and she used to live in Tagaytay for several years, so she suggested us to move there. I agreed. It was a great decision, I fell into Tagaytay since my first day here. Prices are acceptable, we've found a fully furnished 2 bedroom house (a tiny one) in a chill and clean subdivision here for 15k php monthly.

She also told me that short term rent here is expensive because Tagaytay is a popular tourist destination, and it seems to be true. However, it's possible to find a decent house here for an acceptable price, if you're looking for a long term rent. In our case my girlfriend's relatives and friends hepled us to search for houses here, and we picked the one we liked. Tagaytay is really cool city, weather here isn't that hot, air is clean, streets too as well, and there're no traffic jams (except of Friday and Sunday evenings usually).

• Thanks 1