Insect Bite?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:sad: Woke up this Morning my right eye was swollen like a Small balloon, Could only see through a narrow slit. I decided to nip down to the Hospital and they said it looked like an insect bite of some sort, They took my temperature and all was Ok, gave my what I guess was an antihistamine shot and a prescription for ointment : Cost for treatment 350 peso ,shot 400 peso and the Pharmacy out of Stock.jpg :whistling: should have guessed that one :hystery: Finally found some and although the itching has gone, the swelling is still there. I don't normally get mozzi problems as I think my blood meds keep them away ( I guess they don't like the taste :smile:) So I don't know what little critter got me but he sure  made a mess of my Eye and Well!  F.....d up my Morning.

Has anyone else had a newish problem like this that they did not have before? :89:

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Has anyone else had a newish problem like this that they did not have before?

During my first year in the Phils, I had one eye that swelled up to the size of a baseball.  I suffered with it for two weeks before I found a cure.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I suffered with it for two weeks before I found a cure.

Which was my Friend?:sad:

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I suffered with it for two weeks before I found a cure.

8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Which was my Friend?:sad:

I stuck my head (except for my mouth and nose) into a large bucket of water, and kept blinking my swollen eye for several minutes.  Eventually a large rock-like substance fell into the water, and the pain quickly subsided...however, it took several days until my eyeball returned to a normal size.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I've read a lot of posts concerning mozzies and bights during the night, no mosquito netting over there? :thumbsup: 

• Hmm thinking 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

I had something similar last year. Left eye was severely swollen for no apparent reason. Doc decided it was an allergic reaction, but to what I know not. Antihistamines helped but it took two courses before it went completely (and hasn't returned since). There were no apparent insect bites or other obvious reasons for it to happen.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My eye went down... just need to get the teeth sorted now.  :huh:

ugly bloke.jpg

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, graham59 said:

My eye went down... just need to get the teeth sorted now.  :huh:

Fool.gif :hystery: :wink:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just get one of these as a temporary solution until the swelling goes down :whistling:

patch.jpg

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I stuck my head (except for my mouth and nose) into a large bucket of water, and kept blinking my swollen eye for several minutes.  Eventually a large rock-like substance fell into the water, and the pain quickly subsided...however, it took several days until my eyeball returned to a normal size.

I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure that what you had in your eye was a miniature meteorite. Stop looking up at the sky at night. And the next time you stick your head in a bucket of water, include your mouth and nose. That's my diagnosis as a wanna be doctor!:laugh: 

• Like 1