Sign in to follow this  
OnMyWay

U.S. Passport Renewal For A Child In PH

I posted about renewing Philippines passports at DFA.  Now I have to renew my 5 year old's U.S. passport and I am planning to do it at the upcoming U.S. Embassy Outreach here in the Freeport on June 21.

My wife and I were chatting about the Philippines DFA requirements for a child's passport renewal, and we both thought they were a bit of overkill!  Shouldn't the old passport, application and personal appearance be enough?  I said I thought that is what the U.S. would be.

Wrong!  Talk about overkill.  Renewing a child's U.S. passport here in the Philippines requires a stack of papers.  I guess they think another kid could be substituted????  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Here is the checklist that must be completed and signed:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/PASSPORT-MINOR-RENEWAL-MINOR-CHANGE-NAME-MINOR-TO-FULL-VALIDITY-April-2018.pdf

The one item I found amazing is that you have to submit a photo record of growing up pictures since the last passport!  I kind of see some logic as the first passport is usually a baby picture, but is there so much fraud out there that they have to make you submit growing up pictures???  :bash:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1