Living with a Filipina

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Being married to a Filipino is wonderful in my case all my needs are taken care of ,nothing is to much trouble and it’s great .

Now we are both retired life is still wonderful but now I am seeing things just a little different, could it be just me I wonder so I am asking others who have been in my situation.

Having both of us working and seeing each other say 12 hours a day and all day Saturday and Sunday until recently to 24/7 all the time all I seem to hear is Emma shouting when she is on the phone to her family or friends and it’s usually when either I am watching something on tv or sitting next to her on the sofa, I do try to say Ems just talk , but to tell the truth I can hear the others too.

Now the other thing I have noticed is how our nice kitchen is becoming like a dirty kitchen in the Philippines, yes I could keep it clean after what seems to be 10 chefs working in there , but how many pots and pans do you need to prepare a meal and talk about how many knives to use also.

The pans I have had for years and was still in great condition the none stick has gone and I am sure they was a silver colour when I brought them they all seem to be a tar coloured now, my sharpe knives well they is no chance of cutting my wrists or throat with them , the other day I saw Ems walking into the garden with a long knife , where you going I asked, to cut some flowers , us the pruning scissors I said, no I am ok was the answer.

It seems living 24 hours a day I have to change some of my ways , plus when we are in the Philippines  I shall just walk around the house wearing blinkers and my headphones playing my music very loud, plus I shall be wearing shorts because I shall not get a word in or a word to say about the household .

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

The bad news is:

The woman is the head of the household in the Phils. 

Prepare to be part of the furniture.... and probably in her way.  :huh:

microwave tv.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

The bad news is:

The woman is the head of the household in the Phils. 

Prepare to be part of the furniture.... and probably in her way.  :huh:

microwave tv.jpg

Yes I know that plus I am behind the father, brothers ,sisters aunts uncles nieces and nephews , I know my/place in there households , but in mine I shall let Emma think she’s in charge.:whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Yes I know that plus I am behind the father, brothers ,sisters aunts uncles nieces and nephews...

You forgot about the roosters and dogs Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

Emma shouting when she is on the phone to her family or friends

My Rowena only does that when she's speaking to her family with 'Kampangan'... I've been told that is just the normal way that they speak in Pampanga... for some reason, when she speaks to her Batangas friends, she speaks in a normal conversational tone :89:

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Steve, tell me about it........

I am now convinced that my wife needs Glasses and Hearing Aids more than I do!

Not mention uncompleted sentences. :whistling:

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I keep theatening to buy my wife a walkie-talkie because she will insist on talking to me from the next room and I'm always getting to go and see what she has said.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gary D said:

I keep theatening to buy my wife a walkie-talkie because she will insist on talking to me from the next room and I'm always getting to go and see what she has said.

I can clearly hear my wife talking to me from the next floor. How can someone so small be so loud!

And Steve, why do they bother with phones can't they be heard from here all the way to Philippines? 

• Haha 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh How True all this is but we know that Living with our Loved Filipina's is Hard at times for many reasons, My Pet peeve just of Late is that "A" will start a Job or even something on My Desktop, then decide to start something else without Finishing what she was doing, Then of course the attention span goes (as it does Quickly) and in the middle of the next thing she started, YEP she starts something else, so at times of Late she can Have 3/4 Things started but none Finished not realizing that in a lot of cases no one else can get on with what we want to or in my case on the PC Need to  Yes, I know we can all have a moan and Groan at times but I am sure that our Good ladies were never taught, Do things one at a time and do it properly rather that do 3/4 things and not have them done properly. YEP I can Moan :mellow: and she lets me know always moaning BUT I just say Honey, Don't give me anything to moan about and I won't Moan Then we get HUH! you don't Understand :89::hystery:

*Edit* My wife and daughter have Started to text each other about the House

Edited by Jack Peterson
small edit
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think retirement and living with someone 24/7 is very much like when I was in the Armed Forces.  I'd spend a lot of time away and generally got on with the wife during the short breaks in between tours. You don't notice the annoying habits. 

Once retired and you see the same things day in day out your patience wears thin. It works both ways though.  What was once her domain she now has to share and it can lead to a lot of relationship issues. Your best bet is to find activities that give you both space. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1