Philippine Temprature

graham59
Posted
Posted

Florida and Hong Kong are classified as 'Sub-Tropical' ... having a cooler 'winter' season.

The coolest I've known it in Hong Kong (when I was living and working there), was 7C .  I was working night shifts on a tunnel project at the time.... and for a change, it was cosier down the tunnel than up top. Definitely wooly jumper weather.  

Hong Kong summer (and Miami ?)  is full on tropical though, as per the Phils. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Buy a couple of rechargeable fans in case a storm comes through and knocks down some power lines. Jan. and Feb. are the less hot month

Amen to that! We have just one rechargeable fan and it has been a life saver when the power cuts out. The one we have will run for about 8 hours at full throttle - should be more than enough in most situations.

The humidity is what really gets to me but not so much to my Filipina partner. I don't know the location of AK, but here in Davao the heat and humidity together can be stifling...

• Like 3

Connman
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for your help! You all are awesome!  I have been checking out the cost of living in the Philippines and it looks so inviting. Putting up with 6-8 months of cold and snow is getting to me. Also the fine people of the Philippines are so friendly and inviting. Thank you all so much! Looking forward to visiting this great area. Starting to downsize and get things ready.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Visiting Cebu during Sinulog (3rd week in January) is not something I'd do. Getting from place to place is slow and frustrating in the best of times. During Sinulog the public transportation system breaks down entirely. Sometimes the police shut down the cellphone system to eliminate the possibility of remotely triggered bombs. The cost of accommodations increases radically.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1