Bringing Electronics

graham59
Posted
Posted

Oh well, I'll just stick a spare pair of socks and underwear in my pockets then. 

Will there be a quick pass-through for those of us not armed to the teeth, I wonder (planted bullets aside) ?   :whatever:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Will there be a quick pass-through for those of us not armed to the teeth, I wonder (planted bullets aside) ?   :whatever:

Make sure your underwear and socks are clean! Otherwise you might be busted for importing germs and disease?:89:

Sortof half funny, Graham...:huh:

• Haha 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have always entered through Davao and only had to open a case once. I believe the customs person, a woman, thought it would be a good laugh to get me to tear off all the wrap around plastic on my case that I had payed for at Heathrow. In this instance I was bringing through a DJ mixer and had to explain it was for personal use as a hobby.

In Thailand once my flight was late arriving and had to run to immigration to get to my connecting flight. The officer there, a woman, demanded my boarding card from my flight from the uk, which of course I had left on the plane. Fortunately I had retained my e ticket of said flight. Never been asked for a boarding card before or since on entering a country, anywhere in the world.

It appears there is a gender pattern emerging so I would suggest heading for a counter with a male operative :smile:

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I take phone pics of ALL of my flight-related docs,  (as well as retaining the emailed PDFs, etc)

....'just in case'. .

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
Heeb
Posted
Posted

Old55, you were 100% correct these speakers need to be on stands, these ceramic elephants were already in the place we are renting, I had them on the shelf and they sounded like crap, I have some proper stands coming by balikbayan soon. Didn’t have any problem with customs. If the New Zelander I’m renting from is on this board, sorry dude I will take them off your elephants if you want me too.

C56165C1-7A2D-4CC8-9083-F85326767370.jpeg

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Old55, you were 100% correct these speakers need to be on stands, these ceramic elephants were already in the place we are renting, I had them on the shelf and they sounded like crap, I have some proper stands coming by balikbayan soon. Didn’t have any problem with customs. If the New Zelander I’m renting from is on this board, sorry dude I will take them off your elephants if you want me too.

C56165C1-7A2D-4CC8-9083-F85326767370.jpeg

I think they look good on the elephants 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

these ceramic elephants were already in the place

Look like one eyed trouser trunk snakes, in a way.  Makes for a ballsy sound I'd guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Heeb, if you can place something under the speakers so they are about ear level they will sound best.

Try moving them out away from the back wall 30-40 inches. And around six feet apart. I think you will like it.

• Like 1