First trip

Doug B
Posted
Posted

Hi guy's, I'm going to make my first trip to the Philippines in a few weeks time. I'm staying for 18 weeks, I understand about visa extension, but on entry is my flight departure on my flight ticket adequete for 'proof' that I'm leaving again? I saw on youtube references to 'throw away flight tickets' if your stay is over 30 days...Is this really needed? Thanks for any helpful explanation.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Douggie B

This might just help,  Enjoy your trip stay safe.:thumbsup:

Screenshot_2019-08-05 how long can a single person stay in philippines - Google Search.png

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

A return ticket or onward ticket to another destination sometime in the future is enough... even if dated more than 30 days after your arrival. 

Airlines and Immigration know that you can extend your stay (with a visa) after you arrive in the Phils.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doug B
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

A return ticket or onward ticket to another destination sometime in the future is enough... even if dated more than 30 days after your arrival. 

Airlines and Immigration know that you can extend your stay (with a visa) after you arrive in the Phils.  

Thanks Graham :58:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

And I can confirm that but cant be bothered re posting the official answer.  Makes no difference if onward is past 30 days. 

• Like 2

Doug B
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

And I can confirm that but cant be bothered re posting the official answer.  Makes no difference if onward is past 30 days. 

Thanks Jollygoodfellow :58:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Doug B said:

Hi guy's, I'm going to make my first trip to the Philippines in a few weeks time. I'm staying for 18 weeks, I understand about visa extension, but on entry is my flight departure on my flight ticket adequete for 'proof' that I'm leaving again? I saw on youtube references to 'throw away flight tickets' if your stay is over 30 days...Is this really needed? Thanks for any helpful explanation.

Just to clarify for you a bit more, the "throw away" tickets discussed are for when someone buys a one-way ticket to the Philippines, usually with the intent on staying permanently or a very long time.

You have a round-trip ticket so none of that concerns you.  You just need to know how to extend your visa.

• Like 2

Doug B
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Just to clarify for you a bit more, the "throw away" tickets discussed are for when someone buys a one-way ticket to the Philippines, usually with the intent on staying permanently or a very long time.

You have a round-trip ticket so none of that concerns you.  You just need to know how to extend your visa.

Thanks OnMyWay, I'm all ok with the visa info. :58:

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/6/2019 at 12:12 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I will just add that seems some airlines dont know the rules. I had to explain many times to the airasia check in lady that my onward ticket can be dated any time in the future. She argued that Philippines has a 30 day visa waiver and my onward was past that. Eventually she went off and her and two others were discussing this. When she came back she said, yes thats fine and I said I know.

Perhaps have a copy of this

onward 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Just a clue for you about getting a tourist visa after the "29 days voa".

When you go to the BIR and pay the money for the extension, the next 29 days starts from the day you get the extension and not the expiry date that has been stamped on your arrival.

• Hmm thinking 1