Water & Insomnia

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I have posted on here recently about the water problems here in Camarines Norte.

For some reason and  I am phucked if I know the answer, there is water on from midnight to six, so I have been up since 2 a.m. to do the washing as I have run out of clothes.

I had a shower last night for the first time in 4 days, yes an actual shower instead of the pale in the bucket routine, that we had to do when I was in the Navy all those years ago, 10 litres of water per man per night to wash with.

• Haha 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

We also have low water pressure from early morning to late in the evening. During the night it improves so I put it down to demand. As per your other thread, we are planning to have our own water storage tank and pump installed to overcome this problem.

Ken

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

We also have low water pressure from early morning to late in the evening. During the night it improves so I put it down to demand. As per your other thread, we are planning to have our own water storage tank and pump installed to overcome this problem.

Ken

Ken,

It is difficult to work out what the problem is here for me, as I realise that this city is expanding rapidly and my thought is that the company has not expanded with this, just taking the money from everyone and the way around the problem is to limit, or ration what water is available.

So to overcome this, I have started to install a deepwell, which we will use for washing and showering because the quality of the water from a neighbouring well isn't too bad.

I was thinking of putting a suction pump on the line but I don't reckon that will achieve anything because during the day there is only a dribble of water coming through and not much better at night.

Oh well, like anything here, everything is not simple.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Ken,

It is difficult to work out what the problem is here for me, as I realise that this city is expanding rapidly and my thought is that the company has not expanded with this, just taking the money from everyone and the way around the problem is to limit, or ration what water is available.

So to overcome this, I have started to install a deepwell, which we will use for washing and showering because the quality of the water from a neighbouring well isn't too bad.

I was thinking of putting a suction pump on the line but I don't reckon that will achieve anything because during the day there is only a dribble of water coming through and not much better at night.

I think that local development is the main reason for the poor water pressure. Our supply comes from a water tower, fed by its own borehole, which services at least three sub divisions. All three have had extensive house construction over the last few years. I have noticed that since a house has been built next door to us, and we are 'down stream' in the supply, our water pressure has reduced quite noticably. Although we are currently renting while our own house is being constructed, I am planning to install a tank and pump here which we can take with us when we finally move into our new house.

Having your own well sounds ideal. Anything which will give you a degree of independence must be a good idea.

I hope it solves your problem.

Ken

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Ken, one can only try, but I still can't figure out why people elevate the tanks, then install a booster pump to get the water up there, and then another pump to pressurise the tank on the downside.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Ken, one can only try, but I still can't figure out why people elevate the tanks, then install a booster pump to get the water up there, and then another pump to pressurise the tank on the downside.

I have never understood that either, unless the height of the tank is not enough to provide the head of water neccessary to reach upper floor levels. But then why elevate the tank in the first place?!

I shall keep mine relatively simple. Low level tank and boost pump to pressure feed to the house.

Ken

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Probably to stop someone stealing it! :whistling:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I have posted on here recently about the water problems here in Camarines Norte.

For some reason and  I am phucked if I know the answer, there is water on from midnight to six, so I have been up since 2 a.m. to do the washing as I have run out of clothes.

I had a shower last night for the first time in 4 days, yes an actual shower instead of the pale in the bucket routine, that we had to do when I was in the Navy all those years ago, 10 litres of water per man per night to wash with.

You will be 67 soon. Time to get a housekeeper to tend to your needs. The Tabo showers aren't that bad in my experience. Had a place when I first moved here when water could only be had between 4am and 6am. Doable but a pain in the ass.:whatever:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I Had a place when I first moved here when water could only be had between 4am and 6am. Doable but a pain in the ass.:whatever:

Where were you putting the hose?  :hystery:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Where were you putting the hose?  :hystery:

Wouldn't YOU like to know.:dreams: