Money transfer/banking

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I used to do that, initially. Using an ATM wasn't too bad when you could draw out 20k pesos in a single transaction, and the charge was 200php. Now every ATM here in CDO has a maximum limit of 10k per withdrawel and the charge is 250php. 

I also had my card swallowed by the ATM once and then the fun really began. It had to be returned to my UK bank who had to courier it out to me. All in all I was without it for nearly three weeks. 

Bank to bank transfer is way to go, IMHO.

Ken

Have you tried PNB? I still can withdraw 20k here in Cavite. An RCBC atm machine kept my debit card once about a year ago when the machine froze. The bank was still open so I went inside to see if I could get it back. All I had on me for ID was my fake drivers license. The bank manager made me produce my passport, birth certificate, military retired ID. Luckily I lived only 10 min away from the bank so they gave it back to me in about 4 hrs.:facepalm_80_anim_gif: 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Have you tried PNB? I still can withdraw 20k here in Cavite. 

We've had this topic several times on the forum - it seems that there are a number of variables such as bank, account type etc.  I can get 20,000 from my BPI account but only once per day but only 10,000 from my Metrobank account and only once per day - some can get 10,000 each time but twice a day.  Interestingly, I can only get 10,000 from my BPI account if I use another bank's ATM and also only 10,000 if I use another bank's card at BPI.  

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Actually, you can bring in as much as you like but anything over 10,000USD needs to be declared.

$999.99 lol

• Haha 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Have you tried PNB? I still can withdraw 20k here in Cavite. An RCBC atm machine kept my debit card once about a year ago when the machine froze. The bank was still open so I went inside to see if I could get it back. All I had on me for ID was my fake drivers license. The bank manager made me produce my passport, birth certificate, military retired ID. Luckily I lived only 10 min away from the bank so they gave it back to me in about 4 hrs.:facepalm_80_anim_gif: 

Yes. I have tried all the local banks here in CDO. The last two that used to allow 20k in a single withdrawal were BPI and RCBC. But they too limit each transaction to 10k now. :sad:

Ken

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The OP did not state what visa she? will have once here. WE know it can be difficult opening a bank account.

There are options like many suggestion and another which has been said many times in other topics like Worldremit or similar can send money to the Phils to be picked up at many locations including banks with no account required. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Plus, Worldremit will also pay directly into a bank account,  almost immediately  and at reasonable cost.  (My wive's BDO, in our case, and out of my UK current account).

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Yes. I have tried all the local banks here in CDO. The last two that used to allow 20k in a single withdrawal were BPI and RCBC. But they too limit each transaction to 10k now. :sad:

Ken

If there is a BPI Family bank, try that. It's what I use. They have almost the same name and are owned by the same people but have different policies. Might be worth a try. :unsure:

• Like 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2019 at 2:37 AM, Vickyb17uk said:

Hi there

Currently living in the UK but moving out to the phillipines very soon. Currently have a uk nationwide bank account. Can anyone tell me the best/easiest way of managing/transferring money from the UK to the Philippines via a bank as I will need to transfer UK money over there?

Thanks

World remit, good rates and in the account instantly, it takes me all of around 20 seconds to do as well!

Edited by LUFCinMakati
  • Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

If there is a BPI Family bank, try that. It's what I use. They have almost the same name and are owned by the same people but have different policies. Might be worth a try. :unsure:

Even BPI Family Bank here, unfortunately. That was the ATM I used to use until they reduced the maximum amount per withdrawal. But thanks for the info. Always worth a try, as you say. :thumbsup:

Ken

• Hmm thinking 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have said that I occasionally use Western Union. I have also said I don't really recommend them, but I never said why and I thought it might be instructive if I explained now that I have time.  Western Union offers a very competitive price. $3,000 sent for $3.99 direct from my bank account to agent location. The problem is that WU doesn't like the deal they offer, they don't make enough money off it, if you send dollars and exchange them yourself wherever you get the best rate Western Union only makes $3.99 and they have declined a transfer for Business Reasons. If I sent the money and let WU do the exchange? They make about $140 on the transfer. They would let those transfers proceed unquestioned it seems.I still use WU a few times a year if it's not critical, but I can't recommend them.