Cane Toads

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Whilst living in Queensland where cane toads are abundant the trick to get rid of them was to mix up some Dettol disinfectant with water in a spray bottle, then go out with the spray in one hand and a beer in the other, it seemed to work in stopping them, the spray I mean.

Does anyone know of a similar disinfectant or some other spray that is available in the Philippines that has the same affect?

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Does anyone know of a similar disinfectant or some other spray that is available in the Philippines that has the same affect?

Bleach, in a kids water pistol, kids love the sport, doesn't kill them straight away but it's effective. :thumbsup: I don't mean it kills the kids, the toads yes in time. :hystery:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

We have lots on our land...hopefully eating lots of 'pests'. 

My wife says the locals don't kill them, because they deter snakes.  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

Bleach, in a kids water pistol, kids love the sport, doesn't kill them straight away but it's effective. :thumbsup: I don't mean it kills the kids, the toads yes in time. :hystery:

Chloroxylenol will kill cane toads and most other critters. 

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

If it is true about detering snakes maybe I had better rethink this, as we live on a river there must be a lot.

A couple of weeks ago I took the 3 dogs down to the river for some beers, the next day there was some baby snakes on the floor where one of the dogs was laying, my thought was that seeing she has long hair the snakes hitched a ride back with her when she was rolling around in the grass while we were down there.

Previously a rat snake came into the house for a look see, damned if I know how it climbed the 3 stairs leading up to the verandah, but it did and in it came.

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted

Shoot them..... That's my nightly entertainment 

IMG_20190620_200848.jpg

IMG_20190620_200952.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mick said:

Shoot them..... That's my nightly entertainment 

IMG_20190620_200848.jpg

Isn't that a bit of "overkill" for a cane toad? Why not just use a Colt 45 or a 12 gauge scattergun with 00 Buckshot?:smile: Kidding you, Mick... 

• Haha 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Isn't that a bit of "overkill" for a cane toad? Why not just use a Colt 45 or a 12 gauge scattergun with 00 Buckshot?:smile: Kidding you, Mick... 

I have to spin it out while drinking..... 😜

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mick said:

I have to spin it out while drinking..... 😜

Yeah.... I thought about that after my post... You did say this was entertainment, so why rush things? This way you can pretend to be Predator!!! Except I don't know if the Predator drank beer?

Mick
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah.... I thought about that after my post... You did say this was entertainment, so why rush things? This way you can pretend to be Predator!!! Except I don't know if the Predator drank beer?

And I get better the more beer I drink .... Like when I play pool.... 

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1