Permanent 13-A Visa, 5 year ACR card renewal

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I think OMW you can do the Paperwork at a Branch Office and maybe Pay but it will have to go to Intramuros to be actioned :89:

I would imagine so.

I know where we are, but it would make no sense to allow the local BI to issue the original but not renewals - the reverse would perhaps be more understandable.  

I'll find out soon enough!  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I hope it can be done in branch offices.  When I got my 13a at Balanga BI, they said the renewal had to be done at Intramuros.

A quick look at the BI website suggests you cannot renew in Balanga BI but can in Iloilo BI (my local office).  I see Iloilo is detailed as a Regional Office whereas Balanga is a Field Office - that may explain why.  

Edited by hk blues

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

A quick look at the BI website suggests you cannot renew in Balanga BI but can in Iloilo BI (my local office).  I see Iloilo is detailed as a Regional Office whereas Balanga is a Field Office - that may explain why.  

Unfortunately, that list is very unreliable so never depend on it.  Always make a call and talk to someone about what an office can and can't do, if there is a doubt.  The Balanga office still is not listed as doing 13a and never has been, yet that is where I got mine.

Hard to believe that they maintain a centralized list in such an unorganized manner.  Apparently they let each office describe in their own words what they do and send it in, instead of having a standard wording checklist of all BI services that the field office would check off and send to the central office.

Search ACR on the list and you will see all kinds of stuff. 

Oh well, mine does not expire til 2023 so I will worry about it then.  Please remind me.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Unfortunately, that list is very unreliable so never depend on it.  Always make a call and talk to someone about what an office can and can't do, if there is a doubt.  The Balanga office still is not listed as doing 13a and never has been, yet that is where I got mine.

Hard to believe that they maintain a centralized list in such an unorganized manner.  Apparently they let each office describe in their own words what they do and send it in, instead of having a standard wording checklist of all BI services that the field office would check off and send to the central office.

Search ACR on the list and you will see all kinds of stuff. 

Oh well, mine does not expire til 2023 so I will worry about it then.  Please remind me.

I already checked with my local office and they said it can be renewed there - the website says the same.  I'm due to renew next Feb so I'll find out soon enough.

P.S. Remember to renew yours in 2023! 

• Like 1