Quantas set new record?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

A quantas dreamliner took off from Sydney Australia and landed at london Heathrow after a flight if 19hours and 19 minutes

I thought that the 13hrs london to Manila was long enough , but nigh on 20 hours in a plane ?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

A quantas dreamliner took off from Sydney Australia and landed at london Heathrow after a flight if 19hours and 19 minutes

I thought that the 13hrs london to Manila was long enough , but nigh on 20 hours in a plane ?

Whew, I'm pleased you outlined the whole story, When I saw the heading, I though here we go again, another price hick in the airline fares. :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I’m pretty sure that it was a test flight not a normal route, not yet anyway.

And I read that if they do decide that the route is practicable then the planes flying the route will not have any economy class seats ( i think from memory they were planning to have premium economy, business and first classes only ).

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'm sure this although dressed up as benefiting the passenger it more about saving money, landing and taking off again halfway is very expensive.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I'm sure this although dressed up as benefiting the passenger it more about saving money, landing and taking off again halfway is very expensive.

Unless they refuel in the middle-East, I should imagine it is cheaper to refuel there.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

1993 I got a last minute flight from LA. To the Phills. Ended up with a middle seat. The 16 hr. trip was torturous. Had to pretend I was asleep for most of it. They had to land in Hawaii first to drop off passengers. Next time I will take my private jet. :ohmy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pinetree
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I’m pretty sure that it was a test flight not a normal route, not yet anyway.

And I read that if they do decide that the route is practicable then the planes flying the route will not have any economy class seats ( i think from memory they were planning to have premium economy, business and first classes only ).

The aircraft is more than capable, but I doubt that humans are. I wouldn't risk my health on such a long flight, besides which, even in business class, it would' be monumentally boring.  If you didn't die from DVT,  you may well die of acute boredom.  

graham59
Posted
Posted

The toilet storage tanks must be massive. :biggrin:

• Haha 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

The toilet storage tanks must be massive. :biggrin:

I've heard of blue sewage/ice balls dropping from the sky. Don't think large storage tanks would be required.

graham59
Posted
Posted