Nothing beats a cold shower

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I forgot about these, cold showers the ones that wake you up and you don’t spend any more time then is needed, but after a few of these you get to think how refreshing was that but only when you are out of there and all dry and dressed .

Its more fun in the Philippines  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

I forgot about these, cold showers the ones that wake you up and you don’t spend any more time then is needed, but after a few of these you get to think how refreshing was that but only when you are out of there and all dry and dressed .

Its more fun in the Philippines  

Nothing beats a cold shower....... except a warm one.  

After many, many years of providing only cold showers, the lower priced MNL pension that we regularly used is finally undergoing renovations that I 'assume' (they might make an ass out of me on this) will include some on demand hot water showers.  I know the guest reviews always nailed them hard on this. When I checked into my secondary pension choice, having not been there in 3 years, I noticed that they had new bathroom fixtures that included such.  Progress seems to come very slowly here. It often inches forward where other places make strides. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Nothing beats a cold shower....... except a warm one.  

After many, many years of providing only cold showers, the lower priced MNL pension that we regularly used is finally undergoing renovations that I 'assume' (they might make an ass out of me on this) will include some on demand hot water showers.  I know the guest reviews always nailed them hard on this. When I checked into my secondary pension choice, having not been there in 3 years, I noticed that they had new bathroom fixtures that included such.  Progress seems to come very slowly here. It often inches forward where other places make strides. 

You get what you pay for...generally. :wink:

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

You get what you pay for...generally. :wink:

Not in this case. Sometimes we'd get one with and other time w/o. Never an explanation, but same price. Typical business variation from my years of experience. I usually just go with it, since I like the owner and manager and they always give me a few freebies and a discount.

• I'm Confused 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Not in this case. Sometimes we'd get one with and other time w/o. Never an explanation, but same price. Typical business variation from my years of experience. I usually just go with it, since I like the owner and manager and they always give me a few freebies and a discount.

What are the freebies at a rental place..Just wondering?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Yes, Kid, you are right in that you generally get what you pay for. But things always seem a bit strange here in many ways for westerners used to predictable standards. I'm usually easy and just take what I am given without much complaint. My wife demands, and gets things I would never ask for..... a pair of shower slippers to use, some extra mats, towels, stand fans for the A/C room,  hot water to make things with in the room, etc.

At the pension house we've been regulars at, the owner usually offers me a free coffee or beer, and the manager tells us to pay our account before checking out while she's on shift and gives me a 10% discount on the room. 

Perhaps it doesn't add up to much, but I appreciate the kind thoughts and consideration.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

I can't remember the last time I encountered hot... or even warm water coming out of a shower or tap.

I can manage without it.  We use a big bowl and 'tabo'. 

No aircon either. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I can survive with cold showers but really dislike taking one in the cooler months - installing a water heater was one of my must- haves for our place.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I can survive with cold showers but really dislike taking one in the cooler months - installing a water heater was one of my must- haves for our place.

Cooler months when are they.

• Haha 2