Bank charges

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi guys 

Ive just transferred some money using transferwise to my gfs BDO bank account, the charges have been outrageous at 24t pesos ,has anyone else experienced such high charges?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Depends on amount. I use worldremit and charges are reasonable but sometimes have issues with them holding the transfer but if I do a cash pick up seems to be no issues.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Hi guys 

Ive just transferred some money using transferwise to my gfs BDO bank account, the charges have been outrageous at 24t pesos ,has anyone else experienced such high charges?

The charges were 24,000 peso?  

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Yes ,i intend to look into it next trip 

Gary D
Posted
Posted

At the beginning of the week I transferred £1900 (126.5k) with transferwise and the fee was £10.74.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Hi guys 

How much did you transfer to pay that amount in charges , ok don’t tell but it must have been a lot.

• Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I transferred 1000.00 gbpounds , either my gf has screwed up or BDO has made a mistake , transferwise charged me 9 pounds 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Something is wrong.  The most Bdo would charge is a few hundred pesos for incoming deposit.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I transferred 1000.00 gbpounds , either my gf has screwed up or BDO has made a mistake , transferwise charged me 9 pounds 

1000 GBP is around 65,000 pesos.  impossible that they charged 24,000 - that is a 37% fee. There must be a mistake.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

:89: Was that 1000 or did you mean 10,000? :whistling:

• Like 1