Cleaning the floor tiles

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Busy times ahead and I am cleaning the floor tiles , there is the specks of paint from painting the ceiling and I am just washing them and scraping the paint of then washing down with clean water, and now I am polishing them up with a coconut husk , as anyone done this , I have been told just to slide it along the floor by your foot , but do you put anything on the floor first like polish or something, I would ask Ems but we had words within the last mile of our road trip and you can cut the atmosphere with a sharpe knife or in her eyes a bloody big cleaver .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've only seen it used with polish, but I guess it would work for cleaning too.  There's a kind of dance-move looking method that the, um, 'gentle boys' use when cleaning with a coconut husk....I myself have not tried it....honest!  

Let us know how it goes

EDIT:  wife says it may be difficult on tile because of getting stuck on adjacent edges

Edited by Marvin Boggs
additional info
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it brings them to a shine when you are doing the Harlem shuffle, but then it’s goes a little dull after , so that’s why I thought you may use some sort of polish, but making sure it’s not slippery.

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Busy times ahead and I am cleaning the floor tiles , there is the specks of paint from painting the ceiling and I am just washing them and scraping the paint of then washing down with clean water, and now I am polishing them up with a coconut husk , as anyone done this , I have been told just to slide it along the floor by your foot , but do you put anything on the floor first like polish or something, I would ask Ems but we had words within the last mile of our road trip and you can cut the atmosphere with a sharpe knife or in her eyes a bloody big cleaver .

It'll be like most home treatments here, Steve - very cost effective but mostly ineffective!  

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It'll be like most home treatments here, Steve - very cost effective but mostly ineffective!  

Yep and the only benefit is a great workout, I’ve sweated buckets doing just 30 tiles .

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well it brings them to a shine when you are doing the Harlem shuffle, but then it’s goes a little dull after , so that’s why I thought you may use some sort of polish, but making sure it’s not slippery.

Slippery is good. You can take a run and slide across it with just your socks on. And the local hospitals love it right after your fall!:hystery:

• Haha 3

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Slippery is good. You can take a run and slide across it with just your socks on. And the local hospitals love it right after your fall!:hystery:

Nope.  Sorry.  Just can't see Steve doing the Tom Cruise dance from "Risky Business". 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Nope.  Sorry.  Just can't see Steve doing the Tom Cruise dance from "Risky Business". 😂

Just take those records off the shelf. :shades:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, scott h said:

FFS Steve, your retired!!!!!!!!! Start acting like it!!!!!!! :wait_80_anim_gif:

Go out in the street, wave two 50 peso bills and get a couple of guys to do it!!!

Your giving the rest of us a bad name !!! :hystery:

If a jobs got to be done right, plus I enjoy a good workout and I do need to lose a little weight.