Remaining Flights canceled Airports Closed

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Looks like more strict travel to and from the Philippines for the next couple weeks.  Our booked flight for the states was canceled a couple months ago was supposed to leave tomorrow May 4.:SugarwareZ-034:At least we are content and safe and blessed with more than we should have.  I feel bad for those few with true emergencies that need to travel.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/04/28/airlines-cancel-flights-after-manila-lockdown-extension/

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That article is a few days old.  This is the latest and is supposed to be for a week.  Inbound quarantine facilities are full so they can't handle any more inbound.

From the Office of the National Task Force Chief Implementer Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. -

The National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19 has made the decision to temporarily restrict flight operations at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Manila and all other international airports in the country except for the following: (1) Emergencies while enroute; (2) Cargo Flights; (3) Air Ambulance and medical supplies flights; (4) Weather Mitigation Flights; and (5) Maintenance Flights. Also allowed to continue are sweeper flights for foreign nationals repatriating back to their respective countries. All domestic air arrivals and departures at the NAIA will remain suspended.

The Civil Aviation Authoritiy of the Philippines (CAAP) added that International Flights wishing to land and depart must request exemption with the CAAP OPCEN at least 36 hours before the scheduled departure from their place of origin.

This decision is meant to decongest our quarantine facilities to protect our people by preventing the further spread of COVID-19 and also ensure that our overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are well taken cared of when they arrive from abroad. As of today, there are already approximately 20,000 OFWs undergoing mandatory quarantine in Metro Manila.

The new flight restriction is only temporary and will be implemented for one week to give the government the opportunity to decongest the quarantine facilities in Metro Manila.

Further updates will be provided by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) and the NTF Against COVID-19.

###

• Thanks 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update Don.  Seems the more I read the less I know and the farther behind I get. There is just so much information going around and hard to keep up with it.  I better just stay in my workshop.  At least I can see some progress on my projects and know it that one is over.:tiphat:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Thanks for the update Don.  Seems the more I read the less I know and the farther behind I get. There is just so much information going around and hard to keep up with it.  I better just stay in my workshop.  At least I can see some progress on my projects and know it that one is over.:tiphat:

True for all of us.  Things change so fast nobody can keep up!  I just happened to see that new info around the time you posted.

I rely on our neighborhood FB group a lot.  There are a lot of active people, especially now, and I know which are usually reliable.  And our local government posts there with official updates.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Facebook? News? Really? Get real.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I rely on our neighborhood FB group a lot

Try to think out of that. The owner of FB is telling you what they want you to believe. Have a mind of your own.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, Arizona Kid said:

Try to think out of that. The owner of FB is telling you what they want you to believe. Have a mind of your own.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Sorry AZ, but you are clueless about this.

I have already explained in detail what our neighborhood Facebook group is.  It is posts from neighbors and sometimes they put links to news stories outside of FB.  There is no advertising in the group and FB has nothing to do with the content of the group.  The group is private and you have to live in our area to be a member.

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I have already explained in detail what our neighborhood Facebook group is.  It is posts from neighbors and sometimes they put links to news stories outside of FB.  There is no advertising in the group and FB has nothing to do with the content of the group.  The group is private and you have to live in our area to be a member.

I'm glad that you believe it. Nothing is private tho. Who cares if you have nothing to hide?

• Like 1