RIP Jim Sibbick

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have read few details, but many knew @Jim Sibbick

Jim Sibbick.jpg

https://www.philippines-expats.com/profile/5-jim-sibbick/content/

His favorite place to stay, in Cebu, was the Century Hotel in Colon.  I heard that is where he passed away from complications of diabetes.  This may or may not be true.  Jim has not signed in for almost 2 years but we can hope he signs in and tells us his sister, Karen, is mistaken.

• Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I never met Jim in person but had chats with him but not for a long time now. Diabetes is probably correct as he was like me, overweight. Most of the old gang so to speak have passed on in the last few years. Dave will know what I mean by old gang I think.

Jim had made many videos, not sure if they are still around. He worked at a bank in Australia from memory but also lived here in the Philippines at times for a several years. Correct me if Im wrong.

Bye Jim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear. I never met him but I read a lot of his posts and blogs through the years. And videos, he posted so many. I don’t think he was very old but he was one of the real “old timers” in Philippine forums and blogs. Was around from the beginning or damn close. Was a member here, probably still is. RIP Big Jim.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I will miss Big Jim, he was a kind hearted man. We planned to met Jim in Samar when he lived there in the late 90's. 

Mike, yes I remember he had a large number of videos online. Some can be found today at YouTube under his name Jim Sibbick