Just when you thought it was safe...?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Researchers in China have discovered a new type of swine flu

A large percentage of these things seem to come from China.  Quarantine China and let the rest of us get back to normal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A large percentage of these things seem to come from China.  Quarantine China and let the rest of us get back to normal.

We can all stop buying things from China......if we can cure our addictions to the crap thats Made in China.

I  lived in China for 8 years and have seen the atrocious standards they have towards hygiene and cleanliness. Its not surprising that many of these diseases emanate and originate from there.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

We can all stop buying things from China......if we can cure our addictions to the crap thats Made in China.

I  lived in China for 8 years and have seen the atrocious standards they have towards hygiene and cleanliness. Its not surprising that many of these diseases emanate and originate from there.

Whilst China is no different to many/most developing countries in terms of attitude to health, safety and hygiene, it does have about a fifth of the world's population and a significant amount of global business so it's a huge issue.  

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Chances of getting COVID 19 in the Philippines is around .0333 percent, chances that you will die if you get it in the Philippines is around 3.44 percent.  https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html and https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/philippines-population

The state of Mississippi has 2280 positive cases for the ages of 18 and below, none have died.  For me I would not want to get a vaccine that is rushed.   I think school kids will be required to get it if they attend public or private classes.  Here in the United States I would not be surprised that when they do have a vaccine, that if you do not get it for your kids, they would consider it child neglect and no telling what would happen then.  We have some crazy laws here in Mississippi.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Chances of getting COVID 19 in the Philippines is around .0333 percent, chances that you will die if you get it in the Philippines is around 3.44 percent.  https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html and https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/philippines-population

The state of Mississippi has 2280 positive cases for the ages of 18 and below, none have died.  For me I would not want to get a vaccine that is rushed.   I think school kids will be required to get it if they attend public or private classes.  Here in the United States I would not be surprised that when they do have a vaccine, that if you do not get it for your kids, they would consider it child neglect and no telling what would happen then.  We have some crazy laws here in Mississippi.

The medium sized midwest city I live in is going to require that all children and staff wear masks at public schools this fall. Like that is going to work. But they also will allow families to keep their children home and "attend" the school over the internet. The greatest concern the schools have is to keep their enrolment and attendance up so they can keep the cash coming in.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, earthdome said:

all children

now they just have to hand cuff the kids so they don't touch things, and rub their runny noses under the masks lolol :hystery:

insite
Posted
Posted

We have another arrival to the party .......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-53303457

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2020 at 2:38 AM, insite said:

We have another arrival to the party .......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-53303457

When camping in Eastern Washington back in the late 70's(!), I remember seeing a sign stating, "Plague Warning!" It warned about contact with rats or mice when wandering about in the wilderness...

So today... all is okay. We only need to consider the Covid virus, the locust plague in Africa and the Middle East, the incipient other viruses developing and/or spreading in China, the onset of the annual flu season, violence around the world, stupidity in many world governments. Ah... I forgot about the African Swine Fever and Spongiform diseases too. Then there's always dengue and malaria to consider and the recent resurgence of Polio and TB?... Goodness... what an amazing world and time we live in... Okay... more Tanduay, please...

And then L asks me why I really don't want to have chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, pigs, goats, sheep, cows or other farm animals near or at the new homestead when finished? Animal to human virus transfers are real... maybe not common here in Philippines, but I just don't want to take the chances...And I don't want to hear or smell them either...

I might settle for a guard dog?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I would suggest you also get one or two cats to help control rats and mice.  Spay or neutered of course. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Tom I tend to think you have a Guard already :whistling:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic