Security was never a problem, but one ended up being stolen

hmm not sure what to make of that :hystery:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Now the challenge is to find a decent price on one with touch screen and a decent sized SSD.

Curious why you want touch screen?  Wife has one and she rarely uses it, prefers the mouse, then track pad, touch screen is like her last choice.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro with a touch screen and stylus, it’s a cross between a tablet and a laptop.

My daughter has created some very pretty sketches on the screen using the stylus (with the optional interchangeable different size and shape tips).   There are things you can draw which are almost impossible on paper.  It is also useful for designing layouts (I bought it for drawing electrical circuits and radio designs) but I confess I haven’t used it that way much.  I have a friend who is a graphical designer/artist and she uses a touch screen and stylus also.

But for most non artist/designer types it’s over kill IMO.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Curious why you want touch screen?  Wife has one and she rarely uses it, prefers the mouse, then track pad, touch screen is like her last choice.

2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro with a touch screen and stylus, it’s a cross between a tablet and a laptop.

My daughter has created some very pretty sketches on the screen using the stylus (with the optional interchangeable different size and shape tips).   There are things you can draw which are almost impossible on paper.  It is also useful for designing layouts (I bought it for drawing electrical circuits and radio designs) but I confess I haven’t used it that way much.  I have a friend who is a graphical designer/artist and she uses a touch screen and stylus also.

But for most non artist/designer types it’s over kill IMO.

I have an HP with Touch Screen that is like Geoffs; you can fold it over and use it tablet style.  The kids and my wife like to use the touch screen a lot but I usually use the mouse.

The new one is for my almost 16 year old daughter, mainly for school.  I thought if might be good to have the optional touchscreen / tablet modes for school.  Sharing and collaboration, etc.

Now Geoff has mentioned the artist angle and she is quite the artist.  She use some sketching software on her phone lately, and she has many pencil drawings we are proud of.  So I think finding a touchpad is important.

• Like 3