Quaint questions

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

It's part of the deal. What's funny is, a few months ago, coming into the house during a rain storm, I slipped, fell against the screen door and scraped a chuck of skin off of my head. Blood everywhere. Trip to the horsepistol. The next morning, nothing. She didn't even ask how I felt.

But asking about food? Four or five times a day.

It's weird.

It's Philippines, JD... L always wants me to eat... She points to my thin arms and legs (always so since forever) but seems to ignore my burgeoning belly... "You are so skinny!!!" sigh... fine... so I will eat some rice or pancit... It is a woman thing - feed your man and make him fat and then all will always be fine!

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

It's Philippines, JD... L always wants me to eat... She points to my thin arms and legs (always so since forever) but seems to ignore my burgeoning belly... "You are so skinny!!!" sigh... fine... so I will eat some rice or pancit... It is a woman thing - feed your man and make him fat and then all will always be fine!

Yep. I've been hiding a keg under my shirts for years but always the hunger question.

It's probably like: She can see me walking around so I must be ok (after the fall) but she can't see hunger so she has to ask.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yup... definitely a Filipina thing... (But also a "woman" thing... I believe it is really is universal)...

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2020 at 1:56 PM, Tommy T. said:

It is a woman thing - feed your man and make him fat and then all will always be fine!

My wife told me when she was younger her mother taught her, "a man who eats good at home will not want to go out to eat."  :whistling:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I get quaint questions like : why did she like your post? why did you smile at the waitress? Why is that girl looking at you? 

We have a winner.  :hystery:

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, Snowy79 said:

I get quaint questions like : why did she like your post? why did you smile at the waitress? Why is that girl looking at you? 

Well,,,,,  why? 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

why did you smile at the waitress?

I have been getting this for 26 years, along with many, many others. At first I tried to reassure her that I wasn't flirting. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I finally gave up and tersely said one time "Because my mother brought me up to be a Gentleman" :tiphat:

• Like 3

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
On 7/26/2020 at 4:37 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Mainly I get questions like:  Would you like a beer?  Would you like coffee?  Would you like tea?  What do you want for breakfast . . lunch . . supper etc?  Can I cut your hair . . fingernails . .  toenails etc?  Do you mind if I play with your . . (you know).?  Etc etc.  Life is good.

34 years ago, when my wife and i were dating she grabbed my hand looked me in the eye and walked toward the bedroom. I thought ,wow going to get lucky so i got up and went towered the room. as i got to the room she said" sit back down i want to cut you nails, you look like a carabao..........

• Haha 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 7/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well,,,,,  why? 

They're not made of wood. :hystery: