Contact tracing madness

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Saturday in the mall to get a haircut. At barber shop I have to fill out a form, name address and yes /no questions like have you had these symptoms, have you been in contact with any covid 19 positive people, when did you get laid last, you know the usually questions just for a haircut.

So today, Sunday different mall and wanted to go to the hardware shop while there, line up to fill out the form so said stuff it and on to the supermarket where there would be maybe 5 times more people than the hardware but no form to fill out.

More madness, to enter the mall you must show your pass or no entry. That's fine but at the supermarket its checked again or no entry. Don't they trust those at the mall entry or perhaps there's ways to sneak in.

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

johnbarley
Posted
Posted

The whole thing is bizarre. My workers are afraid to go out cause of CV. Guess the scaremongering has worked beautifully.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

we went to S&R Nuvali on Saturday no checkpoints manned well they were on their mobiles !!

got to S&R no forms,no queues, no Alcohol ban just temp checked. here locally i cant go to the market with my wife !

even with a Quarantine pass ! everything slowly closing down again !  if this has led to Jollibee closing stores then who next ?

SM or MCDs,etc,etc opposite me it was the guys birthday lots of his mates drinking , its one rule for one one rule for others !

Shady
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

to enter the mall you must show your pass or no entry.

And that's why not giving out enough passes is a problem.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Shady said:

And that's why not giving out enough passes is a problem.

I dont have any problem with passes. If I go to the mall over the road or take a trip to Banilad my old Barangay pass is fine. Yesterday I need a Qpass to go to SM seaside so just borrow one from admin office. My GF does not need as she has a work pass which for some reason allows her anywhere in Cebu City area or they never question it.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I saw a long line at Abensons as they have limited the number of people entering the store plus the usual form required with all the standard questions.

Im not good at queuing patiently.... so my workaround.. ask the Security guard to ask a staff member to come to entrance " sir do you have a Seagate 1TB drive ".. No sir out of stock, .... OK thanks... and with that , the queue and the contact tracing form was easily eliminated. If only it was that easy everywhere else.

And other anomalies... enter SM Mall , temp check done. Enter SM supermarket in the SM Mall a mere 15 seconds later and guard says " Sir temp check "...

Or HSBC in Enterprise Center Makati..they have a screen you look at and that states your temp . Mine was 36.2. Enter HSBC which is about 6 metres away, Sir temp check and yes i was now 35.2.

Which isnt a bad as when I drove with some friends to a gated community in Nuvali Cavite. Sir temp check... I was 31.5 and my friends were 32.4 and 30.2..... ummm guard, MAYBE  your temp reader is faulty ??? Its that or we are  all dead !!!!

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Freebie said:

ummm guard, MAYBE  your temp reader is faulty ??? Its that or we are  all dead !!!!

37 I think is the possible covid temp. Celsius that is.

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yesterday I need a Qpass to go to SM seaside so just borrow one from admin office.

And you were lucky they still had one available, your office has 10 daily passes for how many units, over 100?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

37 I think is the possible covid temp. Celsius that is.

In the U.S., 98.6 F ( 37C ) is considered the "normal" body temp, since I was a little kid who could first understand and later when I tried to stay home from school.  :smile:  My wife says it is something else here.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

And you were lucky they still had one available, your office has 10 daily passes for how many units, over 100?

They had a big envelope of them but you can reserve. Remember most here do not need to go far so we dont need a Qpass. Our old barangay pass is good for 3 or 4 barangays so its only if we need to go to other parts of the city.

Ayala mall is more or less across the road and even a resident letter is good enough. Many food choices in the park even if some not opened so unless there's a reason which you are meant to have to go out of the area then borrow a pass. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic