Ano ito ? What (is) this ?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Even in the UK we would Tom...:whistling:

Sorry HK... didn't mean to leave you out... So need to include Ozzie's and Kiwi's and every one else on the planet too...... My mistake...

There I am being too country-genic again...:SugarwareZ-037:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Think of it this way... if you are in USA or Canada, you expect anyone working or visiting there to speak at least a bit of English, right?

This is true, and I'm more than willing to try.

But Bisaya/Cebuano is surprisingly hard (and languages aren't my stong point) which is why I'm leaning towards Tagalog.

You're from Canada... if we think of English as being Tagalog and French as being Bisaya then I'm just trying to learn the more common language of the country like someone learning English for Canada and not French.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

You're from Canada... if we think of English as being Tagalog and French as being Bisaya then I'm just trying to learn the more common language of the country like someone learning English for Canada and not French.

Yeah Geoff... I hear you... I can speak some in many languages, but the pronunciations and "grammar" here just don't work well with me...

So just go to German... Remember that in Canada, we speak "proper" English and many speak "Quebecoise" - not formally recognized in many circles as "French."  In England they speak "Queen's English," and elsewhere - like your home country, they speak, ""'Strine," and in Kiwiland, "Kiwi."Then there is USA where "we/they" speak "Merican." And it is very different in many parts of that country to the point of not being understandable in some places...:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

And I will add this here too, Geoff... most people seem to understand WTF?  So that should work here?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2020 at 7:15 AM, Tommy T. said:

In England they speak "Queen's English,"

Especially in Liverpool, where they also speak Scouse. :morning1:

• Haha 2