Roof adhesive

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Clear silicone will sort this problem.Apply a little at a time along the joints and when it sets put another line on until you can seal the gap, then you have little or no mess.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've just been watching the tradesmen :whistling: repairing the roof on the condos opposite me.  Initially they were bitumen roof tiles on top of a membrane.  The condos got hit quite badly in the Xmas typhoon ripping off most of the tiles.  They carried out temporary repairs using thin steel sheets that they laid like tiles instead of overlapping and filled the joints with silicone.  That lasted a good day or two.  Now I'm watching them put replacement tiles on top of the metal sheets and using some black tar type material to hold them down.  

I spoke to the manager and pointed out it was a bodge but he never listened.  A few days later I noticed as the sun hits the roof the metal underside obviously expands and the roof looks like it has ripples on it.  I'll give it until the next strong wind before they get ripped off. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, my apologies for being so late in "My Thanks' to you all, only because I have had a medical thing happen so have been off the air, so to speak.

Thanks again,

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, my apologies for being so late in "My Thanks' to you all, only because I have had a medical thing happen so have been off the air, so to speak.

Thanks again,

I hope you are ok down there!  Praying for all of you in the path.