Questions about Internet TV

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, hk blues said:

Predictable, both Globe and PLDT et al have not considered that their already stretched systems have reached breaking point with the advent of online classes and more WFH.  Or, they have considered and haven't a solution.

Did they have a choice? Did anyone know that school will be closed until who knows when? So why blame the provider that got hit by unusual circumstances?  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did they have a choice? Did anyone know that school will be closed until who knows when? So why blame the provider that got hit by unusual circumstances?  

I blame them (up to a point) because they have been charging 1st world prices for years yet providing 2nd world (or is it 3rd) service.  They have only started to try to improve because Duterte pretty much told them to or else.

In short, if they had been providing a quality of service that matched their prices before the pandemic struck, they would have been better equipped to handle it.

Edit to Add - And Globe don't even have the option to talk with a person now when you call the hotline!  

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

How soon we get spoiled by advancing technology and easier lifestyles. 

Doesn't seem that long since you could go and make a coffee while a picture was downloading. 

97a9a3bc3eef06233a564a8794dfa4de.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Doesn't seem that long since you could go and make a coffee while a picture was downloading. 

In some places it still does Graham :whistling:

• Haha 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Our Internet speed  with PLDT averages around 35=50mbps the sister who is a college professor also is connected to our router and uses it for online schooling and group zoom chats during the day. I watch Netflix or youtube at night and often use speedtest to check the speed i reboot the router first thing every morning and around 6pm  this keeps the speed up .

The router is in use by our pc 2 tablets and the sisters laptop we dont have many problems with lagging if we do its with netflix not PLDT

• 2 months later...
GavinJJ
Posted
Posted
On 12/11/2020 at 12:50 AM, Tommy T. said:

We have been using the new TV and Amazon Firestick to watch all TV and movies. Sometimes there appears to be an "interrupt" with the online connection. Then I need to re-connect with the network, re-connect with ExpressVPN and also re-connect with the BlueTooth speakers.

We've had a mostly smooth experience with USTVNow, so long as the internet works the stream does as well.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I'm sure PLDT are blocking my internet when I stream British TV. The streams work for an hour then buffering starts. It's really getting on my tits.

I pay PLDT P 2100, a month, getting 50 Mbps download yet it won't let me watch my iptv from the UK. It's not my wifi as I tested it and was good. I'm locked into pldt for another 12 months. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

I'm sure PLDT are blocking my internet when I stream British TV. The streams work for an hour then buffering starts. It's really getting on my tits.

I pay PLDT P 2100, a month, getting 50 Mbps download yet it won't let me watch my iptv from the UK. It's not my wifi as I tested it and was good. I'm locked into pldt for another 12 months. 

Hey Jim... I am certainly no expert... But from my own experience and from what other members here have contributed - have you considered or tried to use a VPN based in England? I would think that ExpressVPN or others could provide you that service? Anyway... just my thoughts...

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Hey Jim... I am certainly no expert... But from my own experience and from what other members here have contributed - have you considered or tried to use a VPN based in England? I would think that ExpressVPN or others could provide you that service? Anyway... just my thoughts...

Tommy, according to the iptv provider I don't need to use one. If I use a VPN it slows my download speeds to 10 mbps which is way too low to stream vids.

I have Cyber ghost VPN. Tried surf shark but didn't like it, they supposed to refund my $59 to my BDO account since last September not received the money. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Tommy, according to the iptv provider I don't need to use one. If I use a VPN it slows my download speeds to 10 mbps which is way too low to stream vids.

I have Cyber ghost VPN. Tried surf shark but didn't like it, they supposed to refund my $59 to my BDO account since last September not received the money. 

I see... My VPN can connect to many countries so that is what I thought might work for you... Perhaps that is not effective for your situation? Like I said, I am no expert here... So hopefully another member might be able to assist you?

• I'm Confused 1