New today, 20 countries are restricted entering Philippines.

fototek1
Posted
Posted

The US is not on that list....

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

And yet Australia is on the list and we have very few cases of 'traditional Covid' in the community and the only cases of the new varient were detected in incoming travellers during quarantine testing, it isn't in the general community.  Americas testing is that haphazard and their health systems are so busy that no one could say if the new varient is there already or not.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

And yet Australia is on the list and we have very few cases of 'traditional Covid' in the community and the only cases of the new varient were detected in incoming travellers during quarantine testing, it isn't in the general community.  Americas testing is that haphazard and their health systems are so busy that no one could say if the new varient is there already or not.

Geoff, it is odd Australia is listed any idea why that would be? :89:

One would guess we have in the US but as you said the testing is nearly non existent. Generally the US health care system is doing well. Exceptions being the Peoples Republic of California. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Americas testing is that haphazard and their health systems are so busy that no one could say if the new varient is there already or not.

Agreed.  When Canada found a case on December 19 but never mentioned it until other countries started saying it was a big deal.  Now our government is telling us that Britan had their first known case on Sept 20 so it has likely spread all over the world by now.  If the US hasn't found any cases it is because they are not looking hard enough, IMHO,  Ditto for the Philippines.

Edit:  For one film producer's opinion about where this virus is headed, try this movie.  This is the trailer only.  The actual movie is for rent on Amazon Prime for $20 and I thought that was outrageous.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave, there is a confirmed case in Colorado now. Not to be negative but for sure not the only case here because we don't test or follow up on infections.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fototek1 said:

The US is not on that list....

Give it a few days. :sad:

• Sad 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

One would guess we have in the US but as you said the testing is nearly non existent.

Testing is nearly not existent in the US? Just by looking at the statistics US is #1 in total number of tests (over 250 million) top 20 in # of tests relative to population. I don't know your location but where I am there are so many places that do testing, it seems like every pharmacy have drive thru testing site. I am living in a condo and laboratory personal already came twice this month to test residents, I can get tested without even leaving my building, all tests are free and I am getting the results in 48 hours by email. How can you say testing non existent. LOL...

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Testing is nearly not existent in the US? Just by looking at the statistics US is #1 in total number of tests (over 250 million) top 20 in # of tests relative to population. I don't know your location but where I am there are so many places that do testing, it seems like every pharmacy have drive thru testing site. I am living in a condo and laboratory personal already came twice this month to test residents, I can get tested without even leaving my building, all tests are free and I am getting the results in 48 hours by email. How can you say testing non existent. LOL...

That's nice. :smile:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

Testing is nearly not existent in the US? Just by looking at the statistics US is #1 in total number of tests (over 250 million) top 20 in # of tests relative to population. I don't know your location but where I am there are so many places that do testing, it seems like every pharmacy have drive thru testing site.

It would be more accurate to say that the US don't do much contact tracing or follow up of test results rather than that testing isn't done to be fair.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

It would be more accurate to say that the US don't do much contact tracing or follow up of test results rather than that testing isn't done to be fair.

I agree Geoff, my statement was too general. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic