Bus stop graffiti

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I took this photo of some bus stop graffiti here in the housing area at Subic Freeport, what do you make of it? 

My thoughts are, and I hope I’m just thinking to hard as usual, are that the W might be a white power symbol, and the ‘speck’ possibly a reference to the killer Richard Speck who killed eight student nurses in Chicago in 1966, some being Filipina, one Filipina survived by hiding under the bed. My mom was a graveyard shift nurses aid in Chicago heights at the time and I remember being scared when i heard the story, I was only five. There are some younger kids including some caucasians and asians that run around here that maybe have read about the story and thought it would be cool. Do you think I’m reading into this, is there a tagolag word speck?

96614DD7-0E7B-4C03-B652-C2D5D9CF889D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My thoughts are it's the first graffii I've seen in the Philippines so someone is getting too much pocket money.   I doubt Richard Speck could be classed as having anything to do with White Power as he raped and murdered indisciminitley though.

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

My thoughts are it's the first graffii I've seen in the Philippines so someone is getting too much pocket money.   I doubt Richard Speck could be classed as having anything to do with White Power as he raped and murdered indisciminitley though.

maybe you’re right, maybe there’s a local gang named speck or its also the last name of someone living here,

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

2 Universities here in Dumaguete, are encouraged by the LGU and  Dep Ed to allow their arts Departments to Do Graffiti in a Lot of Areas around the City and I have to say they do a Good Job of it, I will try and find some Photos of the Work  :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

2 Universities here in Dumaguete, are encouraged by the LGU and  Dep Ed to allow their arts Departments to Do Graffiti in a Lot of Areas around the City and I have to say they do a Good Job of it, I will try and find some Photos of the Work  :tiphat:

That would be interesting to view Jack please do. :smile:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Heeb said:

maybe there’s a local gang named speck or its also the last name of someone living here,

It looks like 'SPECK with an appostrophe.  That sounds like slang for respect.  Gang logo maybe?  Or someone who wants to be respected for their fine artwork and spelling capability.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It looks like 'SPECK with an appostrophe.  That sounds like slang for respect.  Gang logo maybe?  Or someone who wants to be respected for their fine artwork and spelling capability.

Sort of like "Hey yo, spect me for I put a cap in yo @ss"  :whistling:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

That would be interesting to view Jack please do. :smile:

Just 5 for now, but for those Interested just Google "Graffiti in Dumaguete" I see Cebu do it as well :tiphat:.

Graffiti 1.jpg graffiti 2.jpg graffiti 3.jpg 

graffiti 4.jpg

graffiti 5.jpg Looks good to me :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
adjusted a bit
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Those murals are great. I especially like the waterfalls. Thanks Jack. :smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Those murals are great. I especially like the waterfalls. Thanks Jack. :smile:

My pleasure, they use these graffiti artists to patch up and or cover unsightly Buildings and walls and thus develop their skills without defacing other properties, The also take some commission work for  cash to help pay their tuition and stuff :smile:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1