Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

How to spot a "POSSIBLE" Gold Digger.

:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Being a single guy here, I think ( from experience of chatting to these types ) you have ticked most of the boxes.

I stay far away from anyone where any or some of the warning signs show.

Sex on the first night certainly isnt a warning sign as I rarely encounter a date where it doesnt happen on first date. Im not some super stallion, but eventually we all know whats going to happen and happen it does.  But all the othes, especially the phone, the pics of trips to tourist trips are dead giveaways. As is a familiarity with high end brand names /

Thankfully this country is full is very b=normal " average " girls who think they arent pretty or attractive etc ( because they dont compare to the 100s of celebrity models/influencers out there )  but are actually super ladies, funny, happy with a dash of innocence or naivety and a genuine beauty especially physically.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

How to spot a "POSSIBLE" Gold Digger.

:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

We are happy married so no worries Jack my friend. :2245_safe:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Following on from older guys dating young Filipinas I've been speaking to a few seasoned veterans and guys that have been taken for a ride and working out the common themes.  Some of these guys are highly educated and thought of themselves as street wise but a few still got caught out.

1.  Fake name on Facebook or multiple accounts, no family or school mates on her timeline. (Hiding her life from her past)

2.  Lots of Western friends but mainly older guys. (milking the sugar daddies)

3. Tattoos, latest smart phone and expensive taste but no job or means to have paid for anything. (Hunter, scam artist or bar girl)

4.  Female friends that come from all over the Philippines but few friends from her home town. (fellow bargirls, hunters etc)

5.  Tells you she loves you within a few weeks. (lying)

6.  Says she'd love to meet you on her own well away from her home as she lives in a dangerous area where you could get kidnapped. (may be working as a hunter, bar girl)

7.  Waits for you in the hotel and has sex straight away or certainly on the first night. (doubt you're the first person she's done that with)

8.  Her phone is always on silent and messenger doesn't show her online yet if you message her she reads it straight away. (she's hidden her online status so you don't know she's chatting to other guys.) 

9.  Regularly in a poor signal area so you can't video call her. (with another sucker if she ticks a few of the posts above)

10.  Claims to be a sweet and innocent girl from the Province yet her spoken English is very good and she gets Western humour. (definitley a hunter or bar girl)

11.  Looks and body that if you are honest are way out of your league. (gold digger)

12.  She's visited lots of the main tourist sites in the Philippines like, Boracay, El Nido, Coron etc on a cashiers wage or unemployed. (hunter, bar girl or serial scammer)

Obviously these are just observations taken from a few real life experiences and I'm sure not every girl that ticks some of those boxes won't make a lovely wife until they get their Green Card. :whistling:

Excellent list. They are usually a lot easier to spot and game if you are living in the Philippines, near them.

Those are the "eat or be eaten" girls I was mentioning on another thread (that has been since removed).

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Freebie said:

It took me a few months of living here full time for my radar to get tuned in and now I can spot them a mile away but it's so easy to see how they can fool you if you turn up with a Western attitude and outlook on life.  

I was fortunate enough to have friend who worked in the Philippines for many years and another good friend who has lived here about 35yrs that gave me pointers. Little things that stick out like seeing single girls on a mobile with a large shoulder bag or two girls chatting both who have large shoulder bags.  They carry a change of clothes in the bags and walk the Malls approaching foreigners offering a massage but really they're prostitutes.  I used to people watch and sit having a coffee taking everything in.  Sure enough they hit on the foreigners, went away and an hour later they were back in the same spot in different clothes. 

Due to the locations I lived in I couldn't escape them and made friends with some.  We'd have a coffee or grab some food when it was quiet season.  No bumping of the uglies I'll add, they were nice people to be around believe it or not but I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them.  Great English and a sense of humour but you'd hear some right stories from them. 

A few even married and settled down without their partners knowing their history and I still get messages from them now and again. A couple are completely happy and assure me they are loyal, others are just biding their time for the visa and have long term Filipino boyfriends that they slip money to and the boyfriend puts up with it, playing the long game basically.  Work hard all your life or live a lie for a few years until you have the house, car and if you strike Gold a baby to claim maintenance for. 

There's a lot to be said for staying in the Philippines if you marry as some of the Gold Diggers will move on from you if you make it clear you will see your days out here.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Being a single guy here, I think ( from experience of chatting to these types ) you have ticked most of the boxes.

Sex on the first night certainly isnt a warning sign as I rarely encounter a date where it doesnt happen on first date. Im not some super stallion, but eventually we all know whats going to happen and happen it does.  But all the othes, especially the phone, the pics of trips to tourist trips are dead giveaways. As is a familiarity with high end brand names /

Thankfully this country is full is very b=normal " average " girls who think they arent pretty or attractive etc ( because they dont compare to the 100s of celebrity models/influencers out there )  but are actually super ladies, funny, happy with a dash of innocence or naivety and a genuine beauty especially physically.

The solution is always to go for a city girl who has her own education, independence, job, probably comes from a middle-class family. Unless there's something wrong or dysfunctional, those girls are much harder to court, it might take months before they recognise the mutual feelings and consent to start a relationship.

It takes patience but patience is well rewarded.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I thought your post was a joke in the Jeff Foxworthy style:

If your date has lots of Western friends but mainly older guys . .  She MIGHT be a gold digger  etc etc

I thought I'd better cover my bases incase someone reads it who is in love with one. :whistling:

• Haha 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted

Truth be told, there is also an increasing number of urban gold diggers, which go by the better name of "sugar babes". At least, with them, the functional relationship is crystal clear from the onset.

• Like 3