Multi Cab

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone had any experience with a Multi Cab in the Philippines? My wife is an avid gardener so when we move there in 1-2 years we would like to have something fitting for light agricultural duty. It wouldn't probably be used for any long distance driving just putzing around and carrying lightish loads.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We bought a multicab three years ago.  Overall I am pleased with the purchase and think it would be suitable for your purpose.  Even buying a new one as we did, you are buying a used vehicle. As such you can expect to have to repair/replace parts on a more frequent basis than you may be used to.  As Dave mentioned above, you can get them readily repaired in almost any town and the repairs/parts come at a reasonable price.  Another advantage of the multicab is that the small size makes them easier to maneuver and park here.  Also you are less of a "target" for traffic enforcers who may be looking for a "handout".

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

We bought a multicab three years ago.  Overall I am pleased with the purchase and think it would be suitable for your purpose.  Even buying a new one as we did, you are buying a used vehicle. As such you can expect to have to repair/replace parts on a more frequent basis than you may be used to.  As Dave mentioned above, you can get them readily repaired in almost any town and the repairs/parts come at a reasonable price.  Another advantage of the multicab is that the small size makes them easier to maneuver and park here.  Also you are less of a "target" for traffic enforcers who may be looking for a "handout".

Agree with this 100% I have bought 2 in total, new from Norkis Cebu. If living close to the ocean they do rust out quickly, perhaps this could be treated. Did have on going electrical issues on a frequent basis, still one gets what he pays for.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I paid 90k for a Suzuki multicab and spent 27k on it to get it to my standard. I have not really had to do much maintenance since.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, baronapart said:

Has anyone had any experience with a Multi Cab in the Philippines? My wife is an avid gardener so when we move there in 1-2 years we would like to have something fitting for light agricultural duty. It wouldn't probably be used for any long distance driving just putzing around and carrying lightish loads.

We've had a Suzuki Multi-cab for quite a while now, and we use it for just that. It's great for hauling all kinds of items, including two kayaks that we got from a surplus store in the city. It's not our mainstay vehicle, but has been a real workhorse for us. I put a lot of decals on it for fun, so it's easily recognized. No aircon, just windows open, so during hot and sunny months the heat coming through the floorboards can be a pain. :smile:

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, baronapart said:

Lightish loads sounds right and not in the mountains. Well going by a friend who bought one a few weeks ago. Was fine on a flat road but when loaded up with the family and going over the mountain he said it was a real struggle.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

What about a Hiace van?  Way more comfortable and I'd say reliable and could double as a car.  Just remove the rear seats, even better you can fit the whole family and then some in it when you go to Jollybee.  :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)

When my brother was alive and living outside Ozamis city they had one and loved it. Got lots of service on there small coconut farm, hauling supplies. It is still in service today but just used to carry momma and papa to church on sundays. 

Edited by canadamale
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 1/21/2021 at 4:48 PM, Snowy79 said:

What about a Hiace van?  Way more comfortable and I'd say reliable and could double as a car.  Just remove the rear seats, even better you can fit the whole family and then some in it when you go to Jollybee.  :whistling:

Or you could buy five or six multicabs for the same price and caravan to Jollybee.  :hystery:

• Haha 3